• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

How do you deal with switching between really happy and sad? Any help???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilac98

Policy Enforcement
Yesterday I kept constantly switching between feeling really happy and childish to angry and wanting to self harm. I would feel like my normal self then randomly feel hyper and want to jump about. I wanted to draw something nice and take my time but I only drawed a really childish drawing cause I had to stop myself scribbling on my nice art journal when I tried drawing something nice. I was writing in my journal and wanted to scribble and I did then I felt annoyed cause I like my journal to be neat but then I scribbled more and it was fun but I was more annoyed cause I was making it even messier. Then I wrote rwaaar and wasn't too happy about that either. It felt like I couldn't control myself and I didn't know how to deal with it. Any advice???

Can I ask, what are the primary ways you experience your Autism diagnosis?
I don't like noise. I don't communicate easily with people in person on video or on the phone but I'm fine with writing or typing. I can be funny with food with not wanting things to touch. I'm told I'm often rude to people and I don't mean to be. I just don't act generally like typical people like I don't do things just because everyone else is doing them. I'm told I speak mostly in a monotone way. I'm not good with knowing if clothes fit or shoes and sometimes have to ask someone else. I have a toilet phobia which is apparently really common in autistic people and I hate showering though don't really know why which is apparently common in autistic girls. I don't like touch most of the time. I become attached to objects.

This is the childish drawing I did/pinkie did on Sunday

Attachments

• IMG_20220524_144522.jpg
    IMG_20220524_144522.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 100
Can I ask, what are the primary ways you experience your Autism diagnosis?
Me switching between being childish and happy and sad or angry I don't think is to do with my autism it only started becoming a problem when I started having more nightmares about me being raped or abused.

I was writing in my journal and wanted to scribble and I did then I felt annoyed cause I like my journal to be neat but then I scribbled more and it was fun but I was more annoyed cause I was making it even messier.
Can you give your 5 year old part a journal for herself? Let that part of you draw whatever it is feeling? Maybe that part of you wants to have her say in a journal too.

Can you give your 5 year old part a journal for herself? Let that part of you draw whatever it is feeling? Maybe that part of you wants to have her say in a journal too.
She has her own journal now I posted a picture of it in my diary though pinkie has decided not to pop out since I got it but I did a little picture in it and put some stickers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back