• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Emerg Services I believed for 1104 days her death was a suicide... now maybe not???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a legal referral service.... give them the necessary details of why you need a lawyer... and they do the hunting for you. Way better than me doing the hunting.

I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with the suicide/non suicide/ maybe suicide mind f*ck.

I'm not a relative, so probably no on the death certificate. Maybe a lawyer can look at that.

I knew her parents, but not well enough to have their contact info. She didn't have any siblings eith...
I wonder if you could look them up on social media and find out. Let them know that her co-workers think one thing but
is that how Crit A works?

I feel like I need to defend my relationship with her. I shouldn't have t...
Lol lol wow. They are reaching. Big time.
How DARE they try to tell you what kind of relationship you had with her! How the heck could they possibly know??

I wonder if you could look them up on social media and find out. Let them know that her co-workers think...
Oops sorry about the messed up post. I started to say something else earlier and changed my mind. Apparently it was still there :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. I’m connected with VAC and some other resources that can offer insight that doesn’t seem to be readily available to EMS. In my opinion, your trade needs better support from external partners and I don’t know if that’s improving but from what I’ve seen and heard it’s years behind where it should be. That’s another convo....as for WCB, also agree it’s about $$$ and it’s important that effort is made to protect you from that. You’re the little fish, but you matter more.

I don’t know this resource personally but maybe they can connect you with answers?
https://www.tema.ca/

I also think you could contact VAC and they would likely assist even if you’re not a veteran. If not, let me know, I’d try to get something from them.

I’d like to offer more help but I’m not sure what your thoughts are on the above...

I don’t know this resource personally but maybe they can connect you with answers? https://www.tema.ca/

I know a bit about tema, they have emergency funding for psychologists, for any uniformed personnel in Canada.... like 5 sessions or something. And a lot of training, a scholarship program I think, awareness campaigns.

I'm not really familiar with VAC resources, do you think they'd be willing to work with ems? What resources are you thinking?

If anything VAC might be able to point you towards a lawyer in your area that’s sensitive to some of the intricacies of emergency services personnel.
Other thing that comes to mind is Wounded Warrior Project - in Canada they just received additional funding that now allows them to support emergency services personnel. You could email them just to “inquire about support available to EMS” as a catch all and go from there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back