1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I believed for 1104 days her death was a suicide... now maybe not???

Discussion in 'Military & Emergency Services' started by brokenEMT, May 1, 2018.

1. littleoc

littleoc Making everywhere I go a better place Premium Member Donated

Maybe you could ask whoever you do find to point you in the right direction?

You've been forced to deal with this for way too long. I'm so sorry. You deserve that space to heal

blackemerald1, DharmaGirl and Zoogal like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Freida

Freida Been There, Done That, Lived to Tell the Story Premium Member

Can you have someone request a copy of her death certificate? They may be looking for what the medical examiner classified her death as - and it might answer some of your questions.....

4. brokenEMT

brokenEMT Well-Known Member

I found a legal referral service.... give them the necessary details of why you need a lawyer... and they do the hunting for you. Way better than me doing the hunting.

I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with the suicide/non suicide/ maybe suicide mind f*ck.

I'm not a relative, so probably no on the death certificate. Maybe a lawyer can look at that.

5. Freida

Freida Been There, Done That, Lived to Tell the Story Premium Member

I did a bit of checking and in the states it looks like they are public record.... but yea, if you have a lawyer that should be something they can dig up. And I'm guessing they can make a case for criterion A simply because you have seen so many things. Her death was just the final straw

6. Warrior Chicken

Warrior Chicken Active Member

@brokenEMT my question may be personal but there’s a point to it and maybe I can help? Send me a personal note if you don’t want to answer here....

Were you BCAS?
    If not, maybe I can still help with resources you haven’t tried if you’re Cdn.

blackemerald1 and shimmerz like this.
  7. brokenEMT

BC ambulance? No, I'm Ab. EMS

blackemerald1 and shimmerz like this.
  8. Zoogal

Zoogal I'm a VIP

I wonder if you could look them up on social media and find out. Let them know that her co-workers think one thing but
    Lol lol wow. They are reaching. Big time.
    How DARE they try to tell you what kind of relationship you had with her! How the heck could they possibly know??

Oops sorry about the messed up post. I started to say something else earlier and changed my mind. Apparently it was still there :/

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2018
  9. Warrior Chicken

Ok. I’m connected with VAC and some other resources that can offer insight that doesn’t seem to be readily available to EMS. In my opinion, your trade needs better support from external partners and I don’t know if that’s improving but from what I’ve seen and heard it’s years behind where it should be. That’s another convo....as for WCB, also agree it’s about $$$ and it’s important that effort is made to protect you from that. You’re the little fish, but you matter more.

I don’t know this resource personally but maybe they can connect you with answers?
    https://www.tema.ca/

I also think you could contact VAC and they would likely assist even if you’re not a veteran. If not, let me know, I’d try to get something from them.

I’d like to offer more help but I’m not sure what your thoughts are on the above...

10. brokenEMT

no worries... I did think about looking them up on FB, but I'm not on there, and her FB page disappeared almost immediately after she died.

I'm looking into getting a lawyer, so if needed I think they could find out the official COD.

11. brokenEMT

I know a bit about tema, they have emergency funding for psychologists, for any uniformed personnel in Canada.... like 5 sessions or something. And a lot of training, a scholarship program I think, awareness campaigns.

I'm not really familiar with VAC resources, do you think they'd be willing to work with ems? What resources are you thinking?

12. Warrior Chicken

If anything VAC might be able to point you towards a lawyer in your area that’s sensitive to some of the intricacies of emergency services personnel.
    Other thing that comes to mind is Wounded Warrior Project - in Canada they just received additional funding that now allows them to support emergency services personnel. You could email them just to “inquire about support available to EMS” as a catch all and go from there?

13. brokenEMT

I hadn't thought of Wounded Warrior, I'll have a peek at that.

lawyer is maybe tba