• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Emerg Services I believed for 1104 days her death was a suicide... now maybe not???

Status
Not open for further replies.
all of this!!!!!

so the last I heard from appeals, he couldn't/wouldn't confirm her COD, but what he...
I am so sorry what you are experiencing! Why not stop wasting time and money investigating, and use it to help you get/ feel better WCB.

It is also whether the person or family wishes for it to be shared. I’ve told my family no way do they accept any visits or tell them a thing if ever say I was in a MVA/MVC.

And usually if it is disclosed by family, I find family do so to be released and give permission to give some closure to the employees.

I don’t like to fully disclose stuff to people I know or see. Hence, I will passively avoid, thus allow people to make their own assumptions or assume something else from my vagueness.

Family could have been like yep it was unexpected but a pre-existing health condition/concern as a cause or factor. They were having tons of emotions at the time and it is hard to talk about mental health. Some families just will never disclose that info to the public based on personal beliefs. Saying the above does not confirm specifically whether physical or a psychological pre existing condition?

And I know that was sort of how it was presented in email.

It is and will be difficult to do, pulling up that email for wcb and state this is all the family released to the employer. But you were there with family for support being a close friend.

WCB is asking the wrong people and only getting an opinion not fact. I would be to wcb “okay, so you say I don’t have proof despite her having a claim and me knowing her very well. Well I can and will say back to you, that you and my employer do not have real proof of documentation from a legitimate source.” They just have heresay...from people who did not know her.

I'm the ginger super spinny one
Lol, love it.

From my end, this is an overwhelming mindf*ck. It's very obvious that you're affected by this and have PTSD -- and I hope one day you'll be able to recover, because these people are not only holding you back, but are actively causing stupid damage. They're heartless.

I don't have any advice, but I want you to hear from yet another person that you aren't the crazy one in this situation, and your pain and illness is real

all the post-mortem processes and the investigation were done there.

Ok so her death would be in the Federal jurisdiction of the US? Anything that happens on planes is usually Federal isn't it? This COD - should still be publicly available.

By public I mean that you ought to be able to obtain the information in a formal request?

I reckon you are being screwed by a big insurer. Please get Union or legal representation if possible. :hug:

And get the hell off this site, I don't deserve to be here.

You are much loved here. You belong here and are a huge part of our healing. Those people are trying to wear you down, so you go away. I just went through this in the US, with my private disability insurance. Their doctor told me he wasn't going to test me, he would just write what he thought, and even though I have proof that my back needs surgery again, they said my back was fine but my PTSD is really worse. Huh? I feel much better mentally. They just don't want to pay. Please get an attorney so you don't have to talk or correspond with them again.

I feel like the little ball in the (Sesame Street?) Pinball Number Count, except it doesn't ever end at 12, it starts over again. I'm getting whiplash.

I don't have ptsd... yes I do... no I don't.... how can I, Tree didn't suicide.... yes she did, so I do... no she didn't, and I don't...

I must have asked too many questions, wcb is threatening to put me back on modified duties. I really need to learn to STFU.

I’m not trying to be rude here, but OP why are you freaking yourself out, catastrophising, and being unnecessarily dramatic in that in four pages of discussion you haven’t consulted the DSM?

Why is it incorrectly stuck in your head that the only kind of sudden death that can give someone ptsd is a suicide? Go read the DSM. It says nothing of the sort.

Not to mention the fact that you have TWO crit A traumas?

Get your ducks in a row in terms of paperwork so you can win your case, but in the meantime stop believing things that aren’t even true. It’s making you crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back