• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I keep dreaming about my past

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maoirimimi

Not Active
hello, as the title says i keep dreaming about when i was a child and when i was a teenager, even in the dream i was scared trying to run to a safe space, I’m tired of dreaming again and again i feel like all those dreams are sucking my soul.

Is there a way to stop dreaming??i did some research and all of them recommended going to therapy i did go before but had to stop because of the cost.. now im stuck with those dreams i feel like I’m so scared to go to sleep again..

I have some success with lucid dreaming, which gives me some limited ability to change the content or focus of my dreams. It does take practice.

Yes every night they emerge. What helps me is keeping a dreamdiary and a regular diary where I write down in one word how I feel and then the topic, the scene, the people, etc. After that I write all out of me.

My T talks about a little box that I have to fill with things that make me feel safe and installing a safe place in your mind through Neuro Linguistic Programming is also helpful.

Also try to be present in the moment during the day and not to think about the past, because then your brain will have to work through it by night. In the beginning it is a vicious cycle that has to be broken by putting all your focus and attention on the things that are right in front of you in the present moment. Babysteps and a little every day goes a long way.

Online there are many mindfullness tips and tricks for this.

You can do this, you just have to do it.

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back