1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help... new trauma

Discussion in 'Sexual Assault' started by KerriJ, Oct 1, 2017.

1. KerriJ

KerriJ Active Member

I was sexually assaulted on Saturday night.
    For the 3rd time in my life.
    I'm lost and confused hurt and bruised neck.
    Not sure if I need to warn people, but I did relapse into old self-harm behaviors.

I did go to the ER and get checked and treated and talked to the police.
    I'm scared.
    I feel like it's my fault. I feel like I led him on and didn't resist enough. He was drunk. I was overcaffienated, slightly manic and maybe tipsy.
    But I said and shook my head no. I tried to have it no happen. But it happened anyway.
    I'm so lost.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. AnD

AnD I am human

I'm sorry it happened to you. What do you need at the moment?

KerriJ likes this.
  4. KerriJ

KerriJ Active Member

I am not sure, I feel like I'm ruining someone's life by talking about it. I feel physically and mentally exhausted, but cannot sleep. If I could get advice on how to get to sleep that would be helpful. I'm calling on Council on SA/DV tomorrow.

AnD likes this.
  5. AnD

AnD I am human

I think you need to talk about it and process it. As long as you don't hurt yourself.

Sleep... what do you normally do when you can't sleep?

KerriJ likes this.
  6. Justmehere

Justmehere Help support myPTSD - more info in Social forum Moderator Premium Member

I'm so sorry this happened to you. It's not at all your fault.
    You are being tremendously brave by talking about it and helping law enforcement do what they can to try to prevent this person from hurting others, and increasing the chances this person might get help and not harm others.

You are not ruining their life. Their choices were theirs and not yours. They alone are responsible for what they did. Period.

+littlebird and KerriJ like this.
  7. Joan

Joan Well-Known Member Donated

So sorry that this happened. No means no! This person chose to not listen...you are not ruining their life. You are being brave and seeking help. Do you have a friend or someone you can talk with? What are some things that have comforted you in the past?? music, mindless tv, hot shower or bath, hot tea, coloring?? What has helped you before not harm yourself? Please be safe and care for yourself.

+littlebird and KerriJ like this.
  8. EveHarrington

EveHarrington _______ in progress. Premium Member

So sorry. :hug:

KerriJ likes this.
  9. KerriJ

KerriJ Active Member

Thanks everyone

Why is the ony thing IRL people can tell me is "Stop reliving it" "Don't dwell on it"

LIKE YAH. I TOTALLY CHOOSE TO RELIVE HIS HAND ON MY F*cKING THROAT 24/7

AllisonStern likes this.
  10. EveHarrington

EveHarrington _______ in progress. Premium Member

People try to say the right thing....but fail miserably.

They don't understand that the "disorder" is the inability to stop reliving the trauma.

KerriJ likes this.
  11. KerriJ

KerriJ Active Member

I'm so done right now.
    Why?

I feel sympathy for my attacker and I'm confused and I just ugh

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2017
  12. Joan

Joan Well-Known Member Donated

You have been through a lot and it sounds like even though you have reached out you are not getting the support that you need. Do you have a therapist?

KerriJ likes this.
  13. KerriJ

KerriJ Active Member

I do. I saw him yesterday, and he found out I self-harm relapse and sent me to a crisis center even though I didn't want to go. They wanted me to stay but I couldn't handle being there with other people, and I'm really not wanting to go to the hospital. It's like IDK what to do at this point.

Show Sidebar