• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Insert Swearish Rant Here

You’re so much better off without him.

See, here’s where I’m screwed, and always have been. I have TOO MUCH empathy for others. There’s never been much black and white for me ... I’m cursed with seeing shades of grey. He’s sick, he has this condition ... my horrific abusive alcoholic stepfather ... he was terribly abused as a child ... my mother was just caught in circumstances out of her control ... most people are doing the best they can with what they have to work with .... Gaaaaah!

Why is it only ME that’s supposed to give a rats ass about other people? WTF? This is something I need help with. Why do I care about other people who could give a damn about me? Why have I spent most of my life haunted by these people who have been dead for years? I don’t feel like I’m supposed to have the right to exist because of the treatment I received at their hands, but I’m supposed to always be loving and compassionate and forgiving to others. Gahhhhh!

Because of this, I spent many years stuffing and stuffing and stuffing my anger deep, deep down inside. Until I had the seizure in my car. And subsequent seizures until I got on medication. Which sent me into a spiral of rage that I unloaded on everyone in my path. Research “Keppra rage”. I have never been the same, even when they quickly changed my meds after two months.

Jesus H. M. Scott Peck once said “Life is difficult.” No shit, Sherlock! How about a hat tip for Captain Obvious?

That is all :)

https://globalnews.ca/news/4192618/brenda-lucki-michel-picard-how-will-a-woman-tell-guys-to-behave/

our Prime Minister appointed a new RCMP Commissioner.... she also happens to be the first female Officer appointed to this position.

She made her first appearance before the House of Commons today, and within minutes, after fielding only 1 previous question, an MP asks "how will a lady tell guys how to behave?"

Are you f*cking kidding me????? this is the best question he could come up with???? this is what he feels is the most pressing issue within our national police force????

she answered with a joke about her husband :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

way to defeat the stereotype toots, go take a powder dollface, and bring some coffee on your way back there's men working here.

how will a lady tell guys how to behave.... how about, how will the commanding officer tell their subordinates how to behave? the same way every CO does. Your superior, your commanding officer, is giving subordinates an order, so follow the f*cking order. Why does it need to be any more complicated than that? it doesn't matter who has the innie and who has the outie, everyone put away the rulers and zip up and get back to doing your f*cking job!!!!!!!!!

his question implies that no woman in the force can ever be successful, respected, or taken seriously in a position of authority, because every man in the force will automatically disregard any orders given to him by a female officer. Because, you know... vagina.

what a f*cking embarrassment to our entire country.

I wear a uniform, and when I give an order, I don't care what gender you identify with or what genitalia you have at that moment.... I gave an order, make it happen. No never enters the equation, it certainly doesn't enter the equation just because I'm a woman.

what a tone deaf f*cking question

Bugger gender BS, we are all human first and foremost. Albeit with different bits for different jobs and different strengths and weaknesses, regardless of dangly bits or gland activity and womby room.
What a load of total wank that having a vagina or a penis somehow dictates good leadership or lack of. Bah humbug, so sick and tired of sexist wank and lack of actual reasoning and rationale based on science and reality.

Bah humbug, so sick and tired of sexist wank and lack of actual reasoning and rationale based on science and reality.

Seconded.

I just watched a Ted Talks video the other day with a transgender woman speaking about how much different her experience is now and how much less respect she receives since she's no longer a man. I really wish I could hug her for everything she said. It's so true.

I used to work on a landscaping crew with other women, and men would actually come up and offer to help us all the time. One day we were unloading a tiller off the truck and two men in a car pulled over, asked us where our men were - phrased like that - and told us that women should never have to do that kind of work themselves. Then they argued with us and tried to get out of their car to do our jobs for us. What the f*ck?

And the men in my ex's family hunted, but they would never let me join them because I didn't have a penis. I was told that I was perfectly welcome to help the women make sausage and cook what the boys shot. Seriously? Yes, I'll just hang out barefoot in the kitchen and fix up what my menfolk bring home. Again, what the f*ck?

I made the unfortunate acquaintance of a guy a few years later who decided he wanted to go out and play great white hunter. He succeeded, sort of, but after he shot something he then realized he had no idea how to field dress it. So my phone rings, because apparently one of the perks of being a biologist is that when people need help eviscerating large animals they call me. So I went out there, helped him kill the deer that he ineptly shot, gutted it out for him, then helped him drag it up a tree for the night. Oh, but my delicate female constitution couldn't possibly handle hunting! Please!

Even Boyfriend talks down to me in a condescending way sometimes, even though he shows me a lot more respect than most men. My favorite is when I say something then he repeats it back to me in a lecturing tone like he thought of it and is educating me. Men can be such doinks sometimes, even the good ones.

You diminishing my input or blatantly ignoring my insights when they are necessary for the work I volunteer to do to help YOU is borderline abusive.

You fake being a good person for ego reasons just to give awful advice and then condemning those who don't bow down to your f*cking wisdom.

There are deep reasons why you are so screwed and you conveniently say that you're crazy so you can have the cloak of immunity because you have a mental illness, disregarding respect for others while demanding respect for yourself.

I'm tired of this shit and I'm going to do the same as our friend and just vanish from your sight.

Not directed to anyone here.

Back