• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Is your PTSD Cup size changing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The faster form of Covid in the UK was just found in CO to a man that doesn't travel. Covid has already mutated in the U.S. My stress cup has been over-flowing for awhile, now. I don't know how much worse it can get knowing we can die any day.

I hate to sound like negative Nancy here, but this is realism.

Finding myself a bit lonely and a bit bitchy.

I really thank you for sharing! I found myself nodding with your words, which in itself breaks my chain of feeling lonely somewhat. The ‘me too‘ feeling of grounding allowing a smile of recognition.

Yet what honestly helped me to wildly grin was your authentic offer of “a bit bitchy”. See today, I joked with my T. that I bitch therefore I am! Considering Covid-19...if I am in any mood whatsoever... that means I am alive and kicking! 😜 So thanks again for being you.

hate to sound like negative Nancy here, but this is realism.

I understand^. Makes everyday more precious to me in so many ways. I use to live in a Senior dominated building. I watched the ambulance come several times a week with several oldsters not recovering a month. Sobering. We also had an case of COVID-19 within the building and my fear mounted for those days.

I find your post courageous in offering a truth. Life has no guarantees. But we do have this day to dance so thank you and stay well.

Initially with the covid I was doing pretty good. (I wasn't missing as much as those without ptsd), some anyway. I saw people melting down over restrictions, closures, wearing masks, etc. I felt very grateful...still do but am having to remind myself several times a day now. The summer months provided a break. Once fall set in and outdoor activities not much of an option, my cup seems much more full. I quit smoking in August so that has been a good thing. Trying to stay healthier. My husband puts news on a lot so I escape to my room and watch anything else. Everything is politics (here in US) and covid. Finding myself a bit lonely and a bit bitchy.
Hi @brat17, I quit smoking in August aswell. How does it feel now? I certainly got a bit grouchy sometimes but I feel much better for it.

The faster form of Covid in the UK was just found in CO to a man that doesn't travel. Covid has already mutated in the U.S. My stress cup has been over-flowing for awhile, now. I don't know how much worse it can get knowing we can die any day.

I hate to sound like negative Nancy here, but this is realism.
Come on, you know viruses mutate. Covid was bound to mutate, just like the flu does every year because that's how viruses continue their reproductive cycle....they mutate. I've read that the new form of Covid is much more virulent. So rather than looking at it solely through your fear kaleidascope......we never know how the pieces will fall and how they will appear in a kaliedascope, try looking through a lense of caution......and acceptance.

Accept it....Covid is here to stay.....How can you willingly adapt to keep you and others safe? Also, thinking that negatively isn't doing you any good...just hurting yourself.....preventing you from living the best live in the situation you can. If you live everyday with the knowledge you might die tomorrow, what makes Covid any different? Absolutely nothing! You might die of Covid and you might die of a heart attack, getting run over by a car, or from many other endless possibilites.

Life facts-everyone is gonna die, right? We can die afraid and stuck, afraid to do anything (and with PTSD we are primed for that scenario) or we can die leading a cautious life with purpose.
1. Find fun things to do.....that distract you, that you can get lost in (art, puzzling, gaming, exercise, etc.-do stuff you enjoy daily)-things you are passionate about.
2. Stay away from crowds and limit who comes in our bubble to just a few smart/cautious folks we enjoy.
3. Learn something new....take a class, do music over the internet or learn a language with duo lingo app,
4. Join a club or church group that meets online.
5. Play games with others online and talk on the phone like cards (@cardsmania) or murder/nonmurder mysteries......
6. Exercise regularly-use a wii to motivate you on tough days
7. Cook some wholesome food you really enjoy.....and freeze it for a day when something especially tasty calls to you.
8. I have a puzzle night with a friend in my bubble.....one of us cooks, the other makes dinner.
9. Help others outside the bubble.....give to a food bank, fix a toilet for an old person (distancing and wearing a mask when they aren't sick-dont forget to wash hands),
10. Follow the Covid rules, and don't go to places where people don't........this is huge! When numbers are high, get the store to put your groceries in the trunk for you....
or order more nonperishibles through amazon. SoC

Insteadof worrying about your personal dooms day, stop waiting around, and make your life enjoyable. Good luck on that.....we are given only so much time to live....no need to waste it worrying. Just continue to be vigilent.....AND enjoy living.

My stress cup is shrinking. I don't know how I'd be managing if I wasn't working (at a veterinary clinic). But I've been seeing a really shitty side to people. Two days ago I saw a coworker screamed at, because a lady who was early for her appointment had to wait outside. Screaming. We are getting yelled at every single day. Often multiple times in a day. And because of our job, we get yelled at. Money, fear for their loved pets can make a lot of stress. But we don't normally get yelled at like we are. Not every day. Not having people pound in fury on our window. Add to that we are chronically under staffed because any staff who are sick or exposed have to quarantine before coming back to work. And that makes it harder to accommodate customers which just makes thing angrier....

My cup overflows

Sorry to be so negative

My stress cup is shrinking. I don't know how I'd be managing if I wasn't working (at a veterinary clinic). But I've been seeing a really shitty side to people. Two days ago I saw a coworker screamed at, because a lady who was early for her appointment had to wait outside. Screaming. We are getting yelled at every single day. Often multiple times in a day. And because of our job, we get yelled at. Money, fear for their loved pets can make a lot of stress. But we don't normally get yelled at like we are. Not every day. Not having people pound in fury on our window. Add to that we are chronically under staffed because any staff who are sick or exposed have to quarantine before coming back to work. And that makes it harder to accommodate customers which just makes thing angrier....

My cup overflows

Sorry to be so negative
The vet needs to put a HUGE sign outside apologizing for the conditions caused by Covid mandates, state that staff are doing their very best. A no tolerance policy for bad owner behavior should be in place). Those who love their dogs/cats will stop people's stupidity if their bad behavior results in a delay (more of what they are bitching about). Inappropriate behavior should never be tolerated. Inappropriate behavior on the part of the pet owners such as screaming at staff, inappropriate language, etc. should be dealt with being rescheduled at a time convenient for the vet, and so the vet can have a "chat on expectations at the vet's office" and the pet owner can have time to cool off.

Have a chat with your boss and say that the angry/violent attitudes of customers is a problem creates an unsafe environment for everyone. Your vet can refuse to serve badly behaving customers to keep their employees feeling safe.

Last edited:
My cup overflows

🤗 if you accept. I have a PTSD Service Dog yet I try to honor my Vet’s Staff despite the new restrictions. I am truly sorry you are not better treated as a furbaby first responder.⛑ No one deserves abuse and everyone in our surrounding counties wait outside the Vet’s Office. So your clientele is using their beloved pet as a vehicle to act out In order to release not having the tools we of PTSD try to hone. Many of my ‘normie’ friends are expressing the public acting out at their jobs placing greater stress on their service.

May I ask you, do you have a method that you have been using to decrease the overflow in your stress cup? Not trying to increase your pressure but I am always grateful to learn from someone who can not hide out (per say) to calm down or regroup. See, I am retired but you are bustling with various doggy soccer Moms 🤨 giving you a hard time! Full respect to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back