• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Last movie or tv series you watched?

Doom Patrol, Season 1, Episode 9: Jane Patrol
I watched this with my sister, and had to work overtime to stop myself constantly yelling out, "OMG! That's exactly what having DID is like!" (which is something I've said about the media's portrayal of DID like, never ever).

I liked the first season. Dh likes them all :)
it’s really cool to have an idea that this can really represent how DID feels to you, helps those of us looking for ways to be empathetic have a better idea!

Good Will Hunting. I'm a sucker, feeling nostalgic.

^Fabulous movie.

I heard one of the actors comment a while back that he'd never had a script where the F word was used so often before or after and yet I don't recall that being a prominent feature. Must have been used appropriately/seamlessly or the 'essence' of the movie drowned out that aspect.

^Fabulous movie.

I heard one of the actors comment a while back that he'd never had a script where the F word was used so often before or after and yet I don't recall that being a prominent feature. Must have been used appropriately/seamlessly or the 'essence' of the movie drowned out that aspect.
I've either seen commentary or an interview, Matt Damon tells a story where the studio gave the duo a specific number of "f*cks" to allow. And they thought it was to get a PG-13 rating. Nope. They had to cut it down to even be an R rated movie, they had SO MUCH they were going to get an NC-17 rating.
(I don't know if it's true but it's a good story!)

Oranges & Sunshine. Confronting, possibly I was quite substantially triggered. But powerful and well told. About the deportation of children from the UK to child homes in Australia for decades and the human cost of that.

Followed closely by a horror flick called I Trapped The Devil, which I also highly recommend. The suspense was brilliantly handled, and right to the end you were left wondering if perhaps this lunatic really had trapped the devil in his basement...

Broad taste in movies!

Oranges & Sunshine.
Great film, heart wrenching story.

I watched Strictly Come Dancing last night. The show much altered due to covid but they've done a really good job of keeping everyone safe and still having the strictly magic. Felt even more precious than usual, like a big ole hug. 2 very promising young whipper snappers mean I'm in for some good dance.

Back