• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Long Time CPTSD Survivor

Status
Not open for further replies.

foggy

Learning
I have 31yrs sobriety in AA and have been in many CPTSD recovery programs. My trauma was particularly severe, I don't tell my story in AA because of the impact on others, but I was able to leave the mental health system after 6yrs and steadily recover and stay sober to today. A month ago, I finally was able to get off my psyche meds, a dream I have had my whole sobriety. I am doing the NARP program, and working with a therapist who follows Pete Walker's CPTSD book. My emotions are no longer repressed, and I am able to work through them. It is brutal and difficult to even begin each session without running to distractions. I have a 10yr old son who is my joy and I have many hobbies like hiking mountains that fill me with happiness. My dream is to hold my son in love and safety for hours at a time. I may never get there, but that is my goal.

Welcome!! Glad you found us. Congrats on that awesome sober time in spite of the odds against you!!

Hope you find this as helpful and healing as I have. Great people here you can tell your story to and be supported.

I have 31yrs sobriety in AA and have been in many CPTSD recovery programs. My trauma was particularly severe, I don't tell my story in AA because of the impact on others, but I was able to leave the mental health system after 6yrs and steadily recover and stay sober to today. A month ago, I finally was able to get off my psyche meds, a dream I have had my whole sobriety. I am doing the NARP program, and working with a therapist who follows Pete Walker's CPTSD book. My emotions are no longer repressed, and I am able to work through them. It is brutal and difficult to even begin each session without running to distractions. I have a 10yr old son who is my joy and I have many hobbies like hiking mountains that fill me with happiness. My dream is to hold my son in love and safety for hours at a time. I may never get there, but that is my goal.

Hello and welcome - 12 years sober next month if I make it. I also have CPTSD. They say it is mild these days but there are times when I am sure "they" are wrong. It's a whole lot better than it used to be.

Glad you are here and trudging along.

Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back