• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Looking into volunteerwork

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be open-minded. First days can be a complete mess!

My PTSD likes to explode in situations like that and decide (for all manner of reasons) that I should never go back. That’s a predictable response from my brain, and I ignore it for at least a few weeks!!

Please keep us updated. I looked into volunteering at one point and got discouraged at the application and interview process. I don’t have 2 references, so my time is unwanted it seems…….

Edit. Other places never called me back despite my very flexible schedule and multiple follow ups, even at the state level. (State food bank which supplies many of the food banks across the state.)

Please keep us updated. I looked into volunteering at one point and got discouraged at the application and interview process. I don’t have 2 references, so my time is unwanted it seems…….

Edit. Other places never called me back despite my very flexible schedule and multiple follow ups, even at the state level. (State food bank which supplies many of the food banks across the state.)
Hi,

Here in Belgium there is a shortage in vvolunteers so they are happy with open arms for any help.

The work itself is in the kitchen, preparing veggies for the chef to use for the 3 course meal for 1.50€. Mainly for people who are homeless or in financial troubles.

In the past I have also donated several boxes of old clothes, which they give to their customers.

On monday I am going to check it out and then probably start in 2 weeks 2 days a week on Monday and Friday from 9h to 14.30h.

Looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back