• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Madness, Insanity & The World Wide Web

Are you learning lots from it though?

Yes! I love the layout too. I’m a total geek, and get lost for hours on anything neuro-related. Definitely time consuming. Like you, I like that it’s factual and science based. It’s easier for me to use it as a mirror than any other book I’ve read. I get too caught up in the emotion of other texts than what is beneficial. This satisfies the intellectual part of my brain.

The fact that CBT is still the best, was reassuring for me to read.

I just breeze through it looking for changes. I often find the future component the most interesting, as it gives insight to what is currently being looked at

That’s awesome! I wish I could attend the The Trauma Foundation conference this year, the panel and agenda looks really interesting. I’m hoping to get the recordings later to see the application and responses of their work.

I like that it’s factual and science based. It’s easier for me to use it as a mirror than any other book I’ve read. I get too caught up in the emotion of other texts than what is beneficial.
Yep, exactly. Many authors write their experience and opinions, which are great, but not scientific data. Experience and opinions are the spice of life, but factual data is pretty handy to have around as to whether something is worth the time or not.

Life is pretty ok. I'm always working on me, yet that work is less and less as the years go forward. I can do more than I could 10 years ago, that's for sure, yet if I do too much, or am stressed too much, I still fall down. The good side is that I only fall down for a day, maybe two, and I'm usually back up and doing a normal routine. I walk the dogs about 7km each morning, go to the shops for any daily supplies, tidy up around the house, clean the house weekly, run errands for my wife and other things. Nothing too stressful, nothing that forces me within a deadline. Deadlines still often have an impact on me after the fact, but even that is better nowadays.

I am a basics guy. I don't like the complicated methods to solve something. I like simple. So I keep it very simple. I use most days the very information that is here, I analyse a situation where I responded badly and file it away for next time, to do it better. I use the simple negative distortions most days, basically, "Am I being irrational to this very normal, rational, situation?" Every day! That is part of my DNA nowadays, it helps keep my anxiety in check.

I got into four wheel driving a year ago, and love going out on daily adventures. That will eventually become overnight and longer adventures. For now, just daily here and there. I'm a hands on type of person, I would rather build something than think about something. Perfect with a 4WD and modifying it. I have a long list of things to do on that project.

That is me at the moment. A constant work in progress!

Serious brain fart day today. Left my keys sitting in my post box door... got the mail inside, went home, couldn't get in. Bugger! Fastest I've ever travelled from home to the post office (not far, only 300m), and thankfully they were still there. My anxiety spiked so high it freaked me out. The thought of having to get new locks and keys for everything... costly and just painful to do.

My anxiety spiked so high it freaked me out.

Kick in the gut reminder of how things used to be all the damn time, right?

The thought of having to get new locks and keys for everything... costly and just painful to do.
And yet? Bet it woulda either been done before bedtime, or you & the missus would have had a “weekend” (Who says Tuesday can’t be Friday?) away in a nice hotel, or off-roading & camping, or any other similarly “Not gonna sleep with a shotgun by the door until the locks are changed. The stuff is insured. The people simply need securing elsewhere.”.

Not that a nuclear meltdown wouldn’t happen, just that if there was an emergency on? My money is on you’d sort it first, then get knocked on your ass after the fact.

49F53238-4E44-4AA2-BC69-128DC40E0D50.jpeg

Tough gig waking up to this. #GoldCoastLife

Sometimes I feel the internet is sad and depressing. Looking at the member registrations here, the latest member id is 53508, which means I have deleted over 33,000 useless accounts, spam, voyeurs and such type people. Slightly depressing to think about.

Good time these days. I have to say... time and ongoing progress, PTSD keeps getting that little easier to manage. Its interesting to me that all these years later, I still identify little things to improve upon that I know cause me issues if left unchecked for long, but with more exposure and thought, management of my own thinking during each process, things keep getting easier. For example, crowds I still try to minimise, they cause anxiety and distress, the put me on alert and make me hypervigilant, yet I decided to go to more parties recently, gatherings and social events, I know more people, talk with more random people, and each time I feel a bit less on guard. Progress... slowly but surely. I used to avoid these things and let the missus attend, be the driver, to and from. Now... I don't mind getting dressed up and also attending. I feel better and more assured with each event that the chances of bad things are slim, thus I should be safe and well and not have to fight for my life or others.

Interesting to self-analyze and what pops out the other side. Continued work, continued pushing myself and negative feelings towards positive ones, from experience of doing. Doing a pub crawl in the coming weeks, that will be fun... alcohol makes everything better.

Back