• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Medical malpractice victim

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to blame my mother that she wasn't supportive enough......and she wasn't as supportive as I would have liked. When I was able to look at how she was raised, and how her family dynamics helped her become the person she was-distant, self-protective and with poor self esteem, I was better able to see how human she was, and how she had personally struggled, and in life was just trying to get by. While that didn't change my belief that it could have been different, the support I got when I outright asked for help was what I asked for.....but if I didn't ask.....I really think looking back....she assumed I didn't need or maybe didn't want her help. I think mother-daughter relationships can be very tricky to navigate....from my own experiences with my daughter.
Mine doesn't know what to do. The rest of the family ditched me

Mine doesn't know what to do. The rest of the family ditched me
I'd consider telling her what you need, and how she could help you. Distance breeds just more distance....I have a friend who likes to fix things.....I tell her....what I need in a friend is not someone to fix my problems.....I just need someone to relax and have fun with. Maybe you and your mom could do fun things that get you out on a weekly basis where the activities are simple and pleasant....even if it's a walk in a part, a game of cards, or watching a movie together.

I'd consider telling her what you need, and how she could help you. Distance breeds just more distance....I have a friend who likes to fix things.....I tell her....what I need in a friend is not someone to fix my problems.....I just need someone to relax and have fun with. Maybe you and your mom could do fun things that get you out on a weekly basis where the activities are simple and pleasant....even if it's a walk in a part, a game of cards, or watching a movie together.
She tries, but my anxiety is so crippling, I can't have fun no matter what

Then if she tries, and you own it, she's a better Mom than I had. Mine didn't really even try.
Oh, and consider reminding her in the right moment, that none of your anxiety is hers to fix, or her fault-if that's the way you really feel, never hurts.....my mother owned stuff that she had no business owning and taking on the guilt for....and didn't take the guilt for the things that she actually did....it's weird now that I think about it.

Oh, and consider reminding her in the right moment, that none of your anxiety is hers to fix, or her fault-if that's the way you really feel, never hurts.....my mother owned stuff that she had no business owning and taking on the guilt for....and didn't take the guilt for the things that she actually did....it's weird now that I think about it.
Yeah I know she's good and she knows I'm not mad at her. Too bad about your mom, she might have issues herself that are hard to deal with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back