• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Military My Story - Ptsd From Military Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am willing to chat, PM, or E-Mail in order to talk more if and when you like. We(those of us on the forum) can help each other I believe almost as much as our individual therapist, psycologist, or who ever we see. That is why I have convinced myself to share as much as I can. I do believe that is the whole princable behind this forum.

I am willing to chat, PM, or E-Mail in order to talk more if and when you like. We(those of us on the forum) can help each other I believe almost as much as our individual therapist, psycologist, or who ever we see. That is why I have convinced myself to share as much as I can. I do believe that is the whole princable behind this forum.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, or figure out who you are or something, I'd just like you to answer a couple of questions, in PM if you want, although I can't seem to PM anyone for some reason.

1. Scroll, tab or both?

2. What was your class date at that school, the required one?

I'm sure you can understand how someone might ask these questions, after being around some and reading your story.

What years, what companies?

Your abilities will be limited as long as you are in moderation as you are now being a new member.

But I am unsure how ofter ranger posts anymore...

Loathe: Welcome to the forum...

I have to say though.. that I find what you are asking another member to be quite offensive.

Members here have gotten enough doubt and questions from people in life and do not need it from other members when it's not warranted. Ranger has never given any one (to my knowledge) reason to doubt him. Why is it that you do?

I know that as a sufferer of PTSD I'm very sensitive to being questioned or criticized about my trauma.. which is why I find this so offensive.

Granted: I could be quite overly sensitive to this.. but perhaps this will open an interseting new topic eh?

I guess what I'm trying to say is asking questions to confirm another's trauma story is likely to be met with anger, hostility, suspicion etc..

Your new and it wouldn't be pleasant to get blasted for doing something inadvertently.

bec

Loathe,
I believe I can see why you are asking those questions... skepticism. That's what my instinct tells me after reading ranger 2_75's thread here. All these ops that are supposed to be top secret, clandestine... and it gets posted here?? Hmmm

I don't doubt what people say, but I do know you will not get the secretive things from my head onto this forum, because the simple fact is that the statute of limitations has no bounds to the contract I signed, and disclosing any specifics about anything classified as secret, confidential, classified or even unclassified, big big no no.... and my arse could go into jail.

Each to their own though, and some things are public already....

Loathe: Welcome to the forum...

I have to say though.. that I find what you are asking another member to be quite offensive.

Members here have gotten enough doubt and questions from people in life and do not need it from other members when it's not warranted. Ranger has never given any one (to my knowledge) reason to doubt him. Why is it that you do?

I know that as a sufferer of PTSD I'm very sensitive to being questioned or criticized about my trauma.. which is why I find this so offensive.

Granted: I could be quite overly sensitive to this.. but perhaps this will open an interseting new topic eh?

I guess what I'm trying to say is asking questions to confirm another's trauma story is likely to be met with anger, hostility, suspicion etc..

Your new and it wouldn't be pleasant to get blasted for doing something inadvertently.

bec

Like I said in my post, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but being a memeber of the community he was talking about, and knowing a lot about past and ongoing operations, and how the Army works in general, I have doubts about his story. I don't know your background at all, and I'm sorry if I came across wrong. There are a lot of people out there that claim things they don't deserve. The way that he laid out his story, and really the missing pieces of it are what drove me to ask at all.

I was hesitent to ask for the very reasons you mention, however having done what I have done, and having lost people that meant the world to me doing it, I get worked up when people even stretch the truth about their military service.

the final note to this is that the Ranger battalions don't pull these types of missions, CAG does. Ranger Battalion will pull security and cordon on objectives for CAG and get flown around by the SOAR, but not the actual missions themselves.

I wouldn't be offended at all if another soldier wanted to confirm something I said. If anyone has any questions for me let em fly. Hell i'll post my DD-214.

yanks do a lot of stuff down south that doesnt exist, never happened and wasnt connected to the us, met a lot of specials and what has gone on,i think the question they were asking was for a few things that arent known, which cluster flops couldnt know, me i always ask about a certain hut with its many mysteries when i meet lads from specials over here they look at you funny then go how you know about that,its not a secret but it is something only those in the know know, some things we know which others dont, caution is second nature and doubt a life saver at times with specials, secrecy surrounds such things like a cloak, for good reason, i get on with some of them but am not one of them, no doubt of you ranger, just i can see where their coming from on that one, met a few andy mcnab bs clerk types before, maybe thats why anything to do with specials is looked at with caution, trying to be balanced here and expand on two things, the concern some may have at hearing of specials and their activities due to a lot of bs types in the world, and the way that few people appreciate the reality of ops, i know what you were talking about, but people are always wary about specials,so please do not be upset when there are doubts, a ghost of mine is the feel of a blade jittering off bone, a feeling that haunts me.
maybe a little expansion would clarify things,for those who doubt, and for those who may doubt remember there are many things no one would believe about these guys and what they get upto, i hope i have been balanced here, but there is no need for upset, just a little clarification of the waters would be useful.

also as antony just said there is the secrets which go with the job, you can get royally screwed over by governments and services if you talk publicly or reveal stuff ok, the other one is public information like that can lead to former contacts and enemies getting g2 on your location, so remember public is not always good.
talk about experiences, but maybe leave out stuff that is sensitive, operational,traceable or liable to pee off people who can screw you over.

I don't doubt what people say, but I do know you will not get the secretive things from my head onto this forum, because the simple fact is that the statute of limitations has no bounds to the contract I signed, and disclosing any specifics about anything classified as secret, confidential, classified or even unclassified, big big no no.... and my arse could go into jail.

Each to their own though, and some things are public already....

Class dates and schools aren't classified. I wouldn't ask anyone to reveal sensative information at all. I still have a clearance and work for the gov, so I understand.

OK, not a military person by any stretch... But my daddy was shot down and survived going where he was ordered but "officially" not supposed to be there (not where he had his ass shot down but had it been it would have been different). He would be called on it then and in trouble for following orders that would have been denied.

I had military friends who were discharges (honorable)... So much shit went on it was gut wrenching, but yet these were just "exercises". I guess my thing is these were stories from people I knew and were close. Not BSers. For what ever reason people were always compelled to tell me things.

I guess I see merit as I have heard so much from trustworthy sources I do not assume people lie no matter how far out a story is. I know my life is out there, but none the less real. It takes some real foul ups for me to say BS, and I think it is normal for some to need to get it out of them and they have a source here. That is how we heal.

There are a lot of people out there that claim things they don't deserve. The way that he laid out his story, and really the missing pieces of it are what drove me to ask at all.

I was hesitent to ask for the very reasons you mention, however having done what I have done, and having lost people that meant the world to me doing it, I get worked up when people even stretch the truth about their military service.

Thanks Loathe! I kinda avoid most of the military talk on here.. for my own trauma reasons.. but that makes sense to me. Sensitivity to stretching the truth.. I have that but mine is for different reasons!

I can see where your coming from (mostly.. hehehe.) Thank you for explaining that.

bec

My uncle doesn't talk about certain aspects of his job much either...even to my aunt. There are some things he's not permitted to say, he could get into trouble. And since he's still in the military, and has a senior rank, he won't even say his rank on here, as it would be easier for someone to figure out who he is in that case. But that's more for my protection and for privacy in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back