• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer New here, had PTSD since I was 5!

Status
Not open for further replies.

felecula

Policy Enforcement
Hello there!

I'm Felecula, I'm 22 and I have had PTSD since I was 5 due to Hurricane Katrina. C-PTSD came later from emotional and physical abuse which lasted until I was 11, when I left my primary abuser (my mom) to live with my dad. I was in a toxic, abusive relationship for a year when I was 16-17, and suffered from further abuse by a trusted partner when I was 19. I am now free from all of them. I've been misdiagnosed as schizophrenic in the past due to dissociative auditory hallucinations, diagnosed as acute stress disorder (later PTSD), and major depression. My memory is awful due to trauma. Anyway, I am excited to be here, and hope to heal!

hello felecula. i spent most of 2006 in new orleans doing katrina cleanup. that was rough business. i'm sorry you were caught up in that at such a tender age. healing hopes for all. no exceptions.

i'm excited you are here, too. steadying support while you find your healing path.

Thank you both! I'm mostly doing inner child work to help with the after-effects of Katrina, processing, and drawing to get my feelings out. c: I hope you have good days!

Welcome @felecula, we may have crossed paths during Hurricane Katrina and the following Hurricane Rita. Rita is the one that forced me out of my community as she took everything. We were helping Katrina survivors and didn't know we were next. Lived on the Texas coast.

Glad you found us. A lot of very supportive and understanding people here.

Welcome @felecula, we may have crossed paths during Hurricane Katrina and the following Hurricane Rita. Rita is the one that forced me out of my community as she took everything. We were helping Katrina survivors and didn't know we were next. Lived on the Texas coast.

Glad you found us. A lot of very supportive and understanding people here.
It's entirely possible! I remember being in a shelter in Austin, so you might've seen me! Thank you for the welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back