• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

One Thing That Made You Smile Today?

I have been using this cup (it was in a box of things given to me and B when we were thrown to the streets) that say “world’s greatest dad”. Never thought twice about it. It served its function, held my coffee well.

I haven’t celebrated holidays in decades. This morning I walked over to the sink and seen what it had said for what had consciously been the first time.

My machete (for yard work of course, had been cleaned sharpened in the kitchen) was sitting next to it. I chopped the thermos to smithereens. It was cathartic.

I didn’t feel angry. I didn’t feel anything really. It just wasn’t true so I remedied the statement. And then I smiled, f*cking coward.

Mum talking about the the food delivery guy. She said he put the food down then my dog went outside and he suddenly walked away really quickly and said I scared. We all thought it was funny. How can you be scared of such a cute furry.
IMG_20211225_230514.jpg

I'm sorry I offended you @Agita Kaput , I didn't ignore your words, I misunderstood them. I guess I read too quickly, with the 'what made you smile' title, thought @Lilac meant she thought puppy was sweet and was using hyperbole. You are right, I do need to educate myself more about slavery in the U.S., I had no idea about the dog use, horrific.😪 Though I am a product of intergenerational trauma, the majority of both sides of my mom's family were all killed. And dogs were used then too, though it was not regarding slavery.

I apologize for the insensitivity. Of course @Lilac98 I would never minimize your fears.

Last edited:
The puppy who is a (gentle)-kissing machine! German Shepherds never get enough credit for their absolutely phenomenally sweet hearts. 😇
LMAO… I had a chocolate lab who was a “kangaroo dog” during football season 🤣 Bounce! LOVE! Bounce! LOVE! Bounce! 🤣Attempting to greet each and every single one of the 10,000 people walking by our house to the football stadium. It was his favorite season, bar none.

Back