• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Overcoming fear in finding PTSD support

jessME

New Here
Hi, this is my first time joining a community of support for PTSD. Often, I've thought of finding some support. But every time I try to take that step I feel fearful. That I won't be accepted. Ha. I am sure so many others feel that way. I don't even know what would be a proper introduction. I feel isolated a lot. I've been in therapy, but the voice in mind constantly asking "when are you going to get over this?" And being so scared that no matter what I do the night terrors, fear of being alone in public spaces, and constant memories bubbling up will never go away. Ha even now I am considering deleting everything I have written here. Typing it. Writing it. It feels more permanent. I ask myself is it appropriate to write down my trauma. Can I let other's in? My trauma began very early in my life, and that child who was hurt, learned to bury everything and to never forget. Tasking myself for years to remember every exacting force that tried to destroy me. Telling myself never forget, because these people tried to kill me or my soul. I am 32 and have been trying to heal. Hopefully, this is just the next step in doing so. Thank you for taking your time to read.

Welcome to the community! I expect a whooooooole helluva lot of us can relate to exactly those self same fears. I know I sure can.

I ask myself is it appropriate to write down my trauma. Can I let other's in?
These two things below might help set your mind at ease, in more detail. But to start? My personal favorite line from our community constitution is found under ‘Individual Responsibility’ 😎After all, this is a space where those affected can discuss trauma and its consequences.” LOVE that. No holds barred, here. We’re a PTSD community, and we discuss any/all aspects of trauma. Also, other parts of life. But trauma isn’t something we have to hide, or attempt to be polite about, or anything else. It’s, literally, why we’re here.

Again, welcome!

Hi Jessme,

It seems a good first step to not delete what you've written. I think I read more than share here because of my own worries and I sometimes write replies and don't post them. But I'm grateful to those that do post because it helps me to reflect on those experiences in my own life.
You posting here has helped me do that to. So thank you and welcome.

Hello and welcome to the myptsd.com community. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences. It takes a lot of courage to take this step, and I want you to know that you are not alone in how you feel. It is understandable to feel fearful when reaching out for support, fearing rejection or judgment. However, this community is filled with individuals who have gone through similar experiences and can provide a safe and supportive environment for you to share your story. It is appropriate to write down your trauma, and it is okay to let others in. Opening up and sharing your experiences can be a powerful step towards healing. The constant voice in your mind asking you when you will get over it is a common one for individuals with PTSD/CPTSD, but I want you to know that healing is a process and it takes time. It is essential to connect with others who have gone through a similar experience, who understand what you're going through. This community is here for you, and I encourage you to take advantage of the different forums available for various topics related to PTSD/CPTSD. Also, it's important to seek professional help when necessary. Please know that we're here for you, and your voice is valued, and we look forward to supporting you in your healing journey.

Welcome! Amazing place to learn how to live with PTSD while you are healing. The Social part of the forum reminds me of that T-shirt that says Introverts Unite - Sepretley - In your own house.
Best part is - everyone gets you......

Back