• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Panic and general anxiety is back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libs40

Learning
2 years ago I had major 12 hour panic attacks daily for a year, constant anxiety etc it was awful. Last year I improved massively. I hadn’t had panic in months, they’d become that rare but this last week or 2 my panics have returned. Not sky high for 12 hours but they’ll be an hour or so then I’ve got a churning tummy and upset tummy all day. Constant nervous stomach feeling and general anxiety.

I know it’s because I’ve had some stress recently with my teenage son due to lockdown and he gave us a bit of grief and lately my past traumas have surfaced, likely due to stress. Wham here I am with horrible anxiety and panic nearly every day again.

Urgh I hope it passes. Need to get back reading my self help books as they helped me get over it last time. I hope this passes again soon, I’m drained today after anxiety all day since 9am. It’s been a long time since I felt general anxiety all day long with the odd panic thrown in. I’ve not missed it at all. No point to this post but felt I had to write it out.

PTSD works like that, it goes away then comes back. I'm sorry you're becoming symptomatic again. It's hard to take when you've been well for awhile. My nightmares almost went away, only 1 or 2 a night, but now they are grabbing center stage again.

PTSD works like that, it goes away then comes back. I'm sorry you're becoming symptomatic again. It's hard to take when you've been well for awhile. My nightmares almost went away, only 1 or 2 a night, but now they are grabbing center stage again.
Thank you.

Yes, I go through times my anxiety is much better. Then it becomes debilitating again and I struggle to function. I do have CFS too so when my W diet is bad so is my fatigue. So my poor husband takes over the house as I struggle to haha bout the house when they both flare up.

So sorry your nightmares are affecting you again. I had them initially in the first 6 months back in 2012/2013. Horrible.

Yep

The kicker for me is that when I am not having symptoms I feel like I am a fraud. I should just be able to enjoy feeling human but no I have to torment myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back