• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

DID Parts and Awareness

Status
Not open for further replies.
leaking through, with coming across less chill or the wrong kind of chill than I would have liked.
This happens so often. My T thinks I should be less socially isolated and I keep putting myself out there even though its painful but once the tiniest threat is detected, wham, I become way too intense. I hadn't thought about having discussions afterwards with the parts about how to proceed when they get triggered off. I'm going to try that next time. I don't know who it is though. Do you just make a general announcement to your internal world?

in most cases I don't find it clear who is doing what

I wish I had advice. All I can say is I know how you feel.

I don't know who it is though.

Do you need to know?

(History, some of the most having my back me's were like, for years, I remember X years, I was that voice telling you what to do / taking life instead, but no, who I am and why, I will tell you later.

It was driving me nuts. :hilarious: Years went, and those fellas were wiser than whoever of us demanded to know. So maybe you don't need to know who, more their/y'all needs?
They may still be doing their job in not sharing who they are with the class, as it also means not sharing the trauma / other things of life of then, that could unbalance you whole now.

These days, we are not announcements heavy either / because usually fairly knowing who is who, reacting to what. But we are leaving each other notes on things where not everyone is on the same page, and any time we can't follow up on each other's judgment / we are on high paranoia issues even with each other. So clarifying trusts, more than not.)

(... I swear I'll learn to shorten this stuffs one day.)

Last edited:
Yes. Especially in front of the therapist since she encourages me. I'll be talking and it's like all of a sudden I sound different. Or I look at her and I feel different and it just switches. What were those things we looked through and saw 3D pics? (Way back in the day) You put that little wheel in it with the pictures. It was red. Like that sorta.

It seems if I think about it it fades away. But they just take the mic and start talking. They blurt stuff out and I'm like WTF?

@Mach123 I had one of those....kept me busy. Wow, hadn't thought about that. Also have had that experience....the blurting out....yeah, wrong place...wrong time, just glad it doesn't happen often.

Thank you for starting this thread. I am co-conscious and just now starting to learn and accept my parts. There's a new one fronting right now, and it's all a bit extra.

Yesterday was very hard, the part that came out didn't know how we do things and everything felt foreign. I had to spend the evening in bed. Luckily I could still be sure kids were fed and help with other practical things but a lot of the time was spent getting to know this person/fragment. Trying to honor the fact they came forward by being there for myself.

Grateful to hear from others farther along on the journey.

Some of my parts don't want to share and don't trust. I am trying to work on assurance. I do not feel safe where I am so that's hard. There are some things going on that I don't want to share but generally feelings of persecution and I'll leave it at that. My parts don't want to talk because they're afraid I can't keep them safe.

@HealingInProcess I had a similar issue with my parts. They were unhappy and made me unhappy as a result. You can connect with them at their level, with their likes and dislikes, and doing fun things with them. I finally buckled under and got a stuffed animal....that's been helpful and a soft blanket when things are feeling chaotic or crappy. Acknowledging, working with them is a darn sight better than pretending they aren't there and having head noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back