• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

period bleeding freaking out

Status
Not open for further replies.
it makes me feel panicky and like I can’t breathe and every time I see the red I feel a small panic attack feeling and feel weird pain and like I’m choking.
So, it sounds like you're having some body memories kick in, maybe from your trauma?

Have you experimented with ways to calm yourself during panic? Does anything work well for you, for grounding, generally? Those are the first two things I'd think of trying to use.

I have a recording my therapist made me of telling me how to breathe and that helps. but right now I can't listen to it, because I panicked and can't get grounded again and dont know what to do. the recording doesn't seem real anymore

I panicked and can't get grounded again and dont know what to do. the recording doesn't seem real anymore
The best advice I know for this is, to suggest you try again. Learning how to re-ground when stressed is a tough process. The more you re-direct yourself back to a coping technique, the easier it gets - it really does. It just takes some time.

Also, talk with your therapist about expanding your options for calming panic. Or do some searching around the site for suggestions others have made. It's good to have a few things in the toolkit, when it comes to combatting our 'bigger' symptoms.

Distraction with taste and cold work for me. Get low cal fruit popsicles....can take as many as 4 with a nonviolent tv show to make vision clear again....sounds wierd......but go with a show that is for younger generation....and nonviolent (popsicles and the Incredibles-really grounding and distracting)

The best advice I know for this is, to suggest you try again.

Thank you, I have another of him doing breathing exercises, and if I listen to that one looping for awhile, it makes things feel more normal, and ok again, and then the other one seems more real.

I know I need to add more things. I will search some more. Thank you for helping me.

Distraction with taste and cold work for me.

Good idea, I will try that too. and the show.

There is an app called PTSD coach that has helpful grounding techniques on there. It's free.
Thank you, I willl try that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back