• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Photography Club

Did some hiking back up into the mountains. Some great glaciers where we were including this one that was breaking off (calving) large pieces into the lake. It was neat to watch and the sound was incredible. I opted not to go swimming...?
E9A67653-8AC5-4404-93D8-F54F9068D15D.jpeg
4A1AB7CF-FF3D-49F5-8958-BD846EE45A28.jpeg
C122EC3D-7D22-45E8-B001-835E40BAF8C3.jpeg
B52CC8F2-FCC0-4679-B352-0ECCD2C5DA7D.jpeg

Like everyone else, it is joy to come look at everyone's photos. It has only been in my senior years that I discovered how much enjoyment there is taking pictures. My rusty-trusty camera broke and my new one drives me nuts so now I rely on my cell phone. The results are hit and miss but occasionally the efforts pay off. These photos are of hot air balloons outside of Park City, Utah. Hubby and I happened to run across them one early morning as we headed into the Uintah Mountains for some fishing. After one of the balloons landed (not the ones shown) the occupants jumped out of the basket and a guy got down on one knee and proposed to his girlfriend. It was fun to watch the shock and acceptance from his girlfriend.
IMG_7176.jpg

IMG_7179.jpg

IMG_7185.jpg

Concord grapes! Yum! These are growing over the park fence and it is a wonderful excuse to take the dog there to let him run. While he runs his little legs off, I can be found rummaging through the grape leaves looking for bunches of grapes. It is a
fall treat I look forward to each year. The second photo is that of creek in the Oquirrh (O-Ker) Mountains, in Utah. I wish I had a creek in my backyard! We had one running through our yard when I was growing up. There is nothing so wonderful as sitting on the bank and listening to the rushing water and watching it move and flow.
IMG_7441.jpg

IMG_7339.jpg

So at this time of year in our neck of the woods the bears are in full food mode. Which means they are eating huge quantities of berries and grubs to get them through the winter. We came across this Grizzly in full chow mode not far from our campsite. Needless to say we gave him all the space he wanted to finish his lunch. 3 years back in the same area I had one charge out of the bush at me when I accidentally got too close to him and his food. (My underwear never was the same.....?)
3C00D1B5-8112-4350-8EBA-2C228C3013BC.jpeg

One of many waterfalls in the area. The sound was really loud which freaked out our dog as she didn’t understand where the noise was coming from. Took her a bit but she finally settled in.
40DEC042-AAF7-4FCD-B684-32803B3FE5AA.jpeg
B2FFD8A6-0877-405C-AB0D-ACF3FD8EBDD0.jpeg

Back