• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Pieces of Hate & Other Enthusiams

My heart aches for you Venice :(
& for the 60% of Mother Earth's children now extinct.

Google newsfeed this morning is kind of a downer...until the last byte lol...way to go Alberta potheads!! The Man is raking in the bucks; weed industry just may fill that gaping hole where oil and gas revenue is disappeared.

Holy Spoiler Alert Batman!

In the newsfeed today from Antarctica via Vice News - a man brutally assaulted a co-worker after a months-long period of isolation & it's reported that one pesky quirk of said victim was to reveal the who-dunnit of books in the base station library...imagine being cooped up during an ANTARCTIC winter with a limited supply of reading material and a guy who keeps giving up the plot line? I'd probably stab him too...

The sun did poke its face momentarily through the water sky but retreated hours ago & Hallowe'en was wet for the trick or treaters.

Tomorrow I'm attending the "Guys Breakfast" for the first time which kick-off Family Violence Prevention month here. I'm quite excited to be involved & it will be my first exposure to the issue through the man-centric lens. I will be surrounded by men and expect to trigger often and hard. I don't know if He will be present tomorrow and am not at all certain how I feel about meeting or not meeting him.

It will be easy tonight to let my mind take me places I don't want to go leading up to the morning. I gotta get synch'd and avoid, avoid, distract.

I'm pretty sure I will have dropped a dex and steamed some green before my ride rolls up in the morning.

I'm so damn proud today - received an incredible compliment from the gentleman who was the first mental health professional to meet the abused, neglected, traumatized and volcanic me just about 2 years ago now. OMG! I f*ckin' rock, man! Dude made me feel 10ft tall and cast in bronze. Thank you Big Guy for withstanding the torrential outpour, the tears, spittle, wall-punching and most unlady-like curses. RESPECT.

So, keynote speaker today was mucky-muck from AB Council of Women's Shelters with a spreading bald spot and facial piercings and extraordinarily out of date statistics and a slide show which I could not watch so drews in my brows, examined every man in the room with my best Clint Eastwood squint.

I made it 45 minutes before I popped the Xanax, never would have made it through without breaking down otherwise.

I'm very glad I went and very appreciative for the men in our community who took a morning away from their work to come and show support in the cause to end violence against women & children by breaking their own silence. Thank you gentleman!

Good, good vibrations out :)

Back