• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Quotes Relevant To PTSD Symptoms

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way out is through. -Robert Frost (This has become my mantra!)

Walk in the light of love.
Dance through the darkest times.
Reach out to those in need…
Bless who you are. -Unknown

Reactions: Kb3
Hope gives us happiness, Gives us strength,
Everything that is done in the world is done by hope.

-Martin Luther.

These are from Ghandi

Fear is a worse disease than malaria or kalaazar; these diseases kill the body, fear kills the soul

Also (paraphrased)
To walk the path of the future one must first cross the bones of the path.

Let it go, Let it out, Let it all unravel, Let it free and it can be a path on which to travel.

Just found this gem, hidden and tucked away quite well.

Now, I think I'll text it into artwork, beautify and frame it and set it to desktop wallpaper. Hey' that just gave me another idea as well.

Thx, for this one Anthony.

Hope

Good one Hope, I hadn't seen this thread.

This is from my fave TV show (Greys Anatomy)..

"We deny that we're tired, we deny that we're scared, we deny how badly we want to succeed. And most importantly, we deny that we're in denial. We only see what we want to see and believe what we want to believe, and it works. We lie to ourselves so much that after a while the lies start to seem like the truth. We deny so much that we can't recognize the truth right in front of our faces."

Thanks for resurrecting this thread, Hope. I didn't know about it, either.

I love the Rumi quote, Freddy.

"Some people are afraid of what they might find if they try to analyze themselves too much, but you have to crawl into your wounds to discover where your fears are. Once the bleeding starts, the cleansing can begin.” - Tori Amos

"You can only be you. A lot of times it's never enough for people." - Tori Amos

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." - Helen Keller

"We don't receive wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us." - Marcel Proust

"The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself." - Mark Twain

"Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them; but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight." - Helen Keller

“Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it.” - Tori Amos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back