• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Readers thread: what or who are you reading right now?

Im trying hard to read „infinite jest“ it’s a Brain sucking thing.. I don’t know why I should feel the need to read this book. Has anyone got through it? I will get through but I also might give up .. Ego Rebellion
It's one of my favorite books of all time! When I finished the first time, I immediately paged back to read it a second time.[humblebrag - sorry!]. Wallace is one of my absolute favorite writers.. Keep going! Don't feel bad if you kinda ignore whichever plotline confuses you the most; for me it was the Quebec wheelchair assassins thing.. I never quite figured that one out. Les Assassins des Fauteuils Rollents.
I would very much love to hear how you are getting along! Are you faithfully reading all the endnotes? ;)

This initially began as a facebook page called "Humans of New York", but expanded beyond those borders, both near and far. Some of the stories rip your heart out, some tickle your funny bone, some humble the shit out you, and some remind you of the good in the world. That he took the time to engage and connect with so many strangers and made time to hear their stories is something I find to be beautiful.

IMG_9293.JPG

Starting on How to See Your Health: Book of Oriental Diagnosis by Michio Kushi - I've been fascinated by Traditional Chinese Medicine for several years now, after having experienced great relief and benefits from acupuncture, etc.

Well, I just read, the words "Well, I just read, the words"😉

Sry, I just had to!!! LOL! Cue the eye rolling. (Well justified, I might add.)

Here's an article I've recently read...Plasticenta: First evidence of microplastics in human placenta, it is titled "Plasticenta: First evidence of microplastics in human placenta" Ragusa et al.

Researchers utilized Raman microspectroscopy to evaluate the presence, number, size, composition, etc... of microplastics found in the placenta of human females following normal parturation(ie childbirth).

Every piece of plastic made since 1907, unless it was incinerated, continues to exist. Some is interred in landfill, but well over 8 million metric tonnes(2015 total, it is more now) per year ends up in the Oceans, where it breaks down into smaller pieces. It is consumed by coral, plankton, fish, mammals, seabirds, etc... until it fills their digestive tract and they starve to death or are killed by infection/toxins. Humans eat these organisms and they begin to accumulate in our GI tract where they migrate into human organs, including the placenta(as noted above).

By 2050, there will be more plastic in the Oceans than fish. If you want to watch a Doc on the topic, "A Plastic Ocean" from 2016 was quite well done, imo.

Btw, reseachers have found microplastics in indoor and outdoor air, in the snow up in the Alps, at the bottom of the Marianas Trench 10,900 metres (~36,000 ft) down in the Ocean. The wisdom of Humanity on furious display.

With all this talking about plastic, I'm working up an appetite, I think I go eat some seafood.

We are indeed creating, and surrounded by, an ever-growing sea of tox-sick-city, @void . Not to mention seafood is constantly marinating in it's own toilet. Yet another thing I didn't think about until I was prompted by emergent needs to change my consumption habits. 😯

Currently reading the book titled, "Wired for Healing: Remapping the Brain to Recover from Chronic and Mysterious Illnesses", by Annie Hopper. She has quite a story of what she personally experienced that lead her to where she is now. Impressed with what I've read, so far, and she mentions a few of my other favorites that have helped me along the way, like Dr. Joe Dispenza and Bruce Lipton.

Back