• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sciatica improving and productivity

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may not be big for someone with good physical health, which is why I lead with the sciatica part:).

3 weeks ago my back and hip were so bad I could barely walk. Going to the store included multiple stopping every few meters because of the pain and burning in my hip all the way down to my ankle.

Last weekend I had ballet class on no painkillers! - and I have had to take 2 strong painkillers every day just to function for a month before, 1 for even more months before so this is big.
This morning I was able to clean (and even enjoy it) for 45 min straight without having to take a break or feeling like I'll need to nap after. - Again, not much if you're healthy. But from June til now I've had to take breaks after every 10min of cleaning because I was in that much pain. So I love having back some of my energy.

I know my issue is not over and I have long way ahead, but, I'm taking my wins where I can get them.
I never knew that 45min of cleaning can make me so happy, but here we are:).
This is it for now, though, when I have time I wanted to come share about overall wins. There was a time when I could barely function(mental-health-wise) and this forum was one of the things that kept me going. I've come a long way and I should definitely share some of the good, too. That's it for now. Hope everyone is having a good day, as much as that can be in whatever situation you find yourself.

3 weeks ago my back and hip were so bad I could barely walk.
I feel your pain, literally. A couple of months ago I started having incredible pain running down my leg. After 2 weeks had an MRI and found a bulged disk that was pinching my Sciatica nerve. Had a small incision operation and today I am 100%.

The only thing I would add is that while I was fighting the pain it also effected my mental health negatively.

I feel your pain, literally. A couple of months ago I started having incredible pain running down my leg. After 2 weeks had an MRI and found a bulged disk that was pinching my Sciatica nerve. Had a small incision operation and today I am 100%.

The only thing I would add is that while I was fighting the pain it also effected my mental health negatively.
Thanks for saying all that! I've totally been there. I did do scans and also(to the best of my knowledge in English) had the very same issue. Disc issue, drier...whatever it is that it is between discs, etc. Buuut they wanted me to do 10x electromagnetic and something else physio sessions. Pretty much here they want to do all they can before operation. I don't think the physio worked much at all.

I did start trying to get in better physical shape, and although it was painful at first, it may have been what started to help. Or, things just started randomly improving. I have no clue. I know this isn't the end of it for sure, I can tell. I have friend that had injection of some sort for similar issue and was good for like a year, I am hoping to get to that. But it's harder to do anything because my insurance only covered the initial scans and appointment and I'm job hunting so.. I'm doing the best I can.

I have similar issue of the physical pain affecting mental health, which is not great for job hunting either.
But, what can I say, this is a touch year. I'm doing my best and relishing any good day and any win.

This may not be big for someone with good physical health, which is why I lead with the sciatica part:).

3 weeks ago my back and hip were so bad I could barely walk. Going to the store included multiple stopping every few meters because of the pain and burning in my hip all the way down to my ankle.

Last weekend I had ballet class on no painkillers! - and I have had to take 2 strong painkillers every day just to function for a month before, 1 for even more months before so this is big.
This morning I was able to clean (and even enjoy it) for 45 min straight without having to take a break or feeling like I'll need to nap after. - Again, not much if you're healthy. But from June til now I've had to take breaks after every 10min of cleaning because I was in that much pain. So I love having back some of my energy.

I know my issue is not over and I have long way ahead, but, I'm taking my wins where I can get them.
I never knew that 45min of cleaning can make me so happy, but here we are:).
This is it for now, though, when I have time I wanted to come share about overall wins. There was a time when I could barely function(mental-health-wise) and this forum was one of the things that kept me going. I've come a long way and I should definitely share some of the good, too. That's it for now. Hope everyone is having a good day, as much as that can be in whatever situation you find yourself.
Actually, I think this is sooo amazing! I have the same - low back pain and bilateral sciatica. What did you do to help your pain?

Congrats. This is huge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back