• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Suicidal rage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Stickler. Good advice.

Yeah, I’m distraught that things escalated to that point. I’m deeply ashamed of myself and it’s completely out of character.

We had an argument, and things blew out of proportion. I was in a fit of pure rage - punched a hole in a wall, threw things, threatened suicide. Completely lost it.

My 3 year old daughter was asleep in the next room. Thank god she slept through it.

My wife contacted my sister and my sister called the police hoping that they’ll section me (in the UK a “section” means detained for mental evaluation).

Unfortunately they just arrested me for assault and I was thrown in jail for 24 hours. I was then given a Domestic Violence Protection Order (DVPO), which means I wasn't allowed within 100 meters of the family home for 30 days. Although, I was allowed to contact and meet my wife and daughter in a public location during that time.

We agreed that it would be best that we separate, for my wife and daughters sanity. I’ve been living in the camper van since then. Although, I am currently at home dog sitting while they’re in Australia.

I'm in the UK. I guess things are done differently in the US. I wasn't offered anger management.

At the moment, the mental health team have only offered me drug treatment. Apparently, they can't offer me therapy until they've stabilised my meds. This is being done on the NHS.

I need to look for some kind of therapy privately. It averages at about £100 ($150) an hour in the UK, and most people here rely on the NHS. Not everyone has Health Insurance - it’s generally deemed unnecessary unless it’s part of a corporate package. I’m a self employed contractor, with my own Ltd company.

I’m definitely going to look into getting counselling for anger management/emotional awareness. I’m currently looking on Amazon for a good workbook.

Once again, thanks for the advice guys.

I've just done it again. Pure uncontrollable, venom, suicidal rage...

Been there. Far, far, far too many times.

The firestorm passes.

Everything is temporary.

Even if it doesn't feel like it in the moment. Sometimes the only thing I can do is remain very still & let it wash over me until it passes. Other times I can catch it early, and bleed off the stress with exercise, or stomp on it with meds. Even better, setting up my life so that the damn thing can't even get started. But once it's there? It's not there to stay. Whether minutes, hours, or days the firestorm will pass. And, hopefully, I haven't done anything exceptionally stupid.

In the US, court-mandated anger management classes are common.

The NHS psych service has the same number, roughly, of service calls as the medical service does.

It gets one fifth of the funding.
This ought to make people in the UK furious.

My guy lives there, needs really good help...has never really gotten it, because part of his problem is believing he does not matter. :banghead: You have to fight for what you do get.

Reactions: C j
Sounds like you are going through a nightmare Curzone, I hope they can offer you some kind of help, even if it's just therapy or anger management.

Let us know how things go, I will be thinking of you, as I also have such anger problems, but not receiving any help for it at all?

Thank you Gadgie...

Been looking at angermanage<dot>co<dot>uk.

They have an intensive course in my home town next month. Maybe there's something local to you Gadgie?

I'm unable to post the link directly... I'm a newbie, therefore my post count doesn't allow me to do this.

Damn... Looking at the price list for angermanage... They're expensive £620 for a two day intensive. How can they justify that?

Quote ....."Maybe there's something local to you Gadgie?"

I've checked, and there isn't anything, I'm on a waiting list though, but don't I hold much hope, as I was dumped the last time, so I'm back to the bottom of the list again?

£620 for a two day intensive. How can they justify that?
I've done anger management. I can say it is a very useful course. I took it here in Canada. But I know I didn't pay $1250 for it.

*Anyone please tell me if this bad advice.*

What if you ask some therapists if they can help you work on your anger? You don't need a *I passed anger management certificate* Right? This was something you want to do for you?

Also, ask around for therapists that work on a sliding scale. I last one I had, advertised at about $100 per hour. But she was seeing me for $45. It's still expensive but at least it was affordable. She wasn't bad at her job either. The discounted rate, didn't mean discounted help. She was also helpful with refreshing me on the anger management stuff I already knew.

When the NHS closes doors, you may just need to get a bit creative to find a window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back