• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Other Surgery in a few hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ellierose2x surgery itself went well. I have had a couple of setbacks, a bad reaction to a medication while in post-op observation, then significant pain 5 days post op that sent me to the ER. I go for next follow up appoint in 5 days and I am not sure what is going to happen next. When I spoke to the dr's office on Friday as they were submitting paperwork to my employer and my STD carrier she mentioned that she they were putting me down to be out for a total of 8 weeks. This has me completely freaked out as I have not worked for this company long enough to qualify for FMLA (I'm in the US) and as of noon next Friday I will be out of short-term sick and vacation time. I pay for the disability out of my own pocket because I carried it over from my previous employer but I don't remember the Dr ever saying that I would be off work for this amount of time only that I would have weight restrictions for that long. My income took a 25% hit when I accepted this job, STD only pays like 60% of your income so at this point, I really don't know what I am going to do.

Sorry, I know you didn't ask about my life issues I am just really panicking starting to sell things worried that my employer will terminate me which will end my health insurance which means no therapy, no medications, I will have screwed everything up all over again.

@Ellierose2x surgery itself went well. I have had a couple of setbacks, a bad reaction to a medication while in post-op observation, then significant pain 5 days post op that sent me to the ER. I go for next follow up appoint in 5 days and I am not sure what is going to happen next. When I spoke to the dr's office on Friday as they were submitting paperwork to my employer and my STD carrier she mentioned that she they were putting me down to be out for a total of 8 weeks. This has me completely freaked out as I have not worked for this company long enough to qualify for FMLA (I'm in the US) and as of noon next Friday I will be out of short-term sick and vacation time. I pay for the disability out of my own pocket because I carried it over from my previous employer but I don't remember the Dr ever saying that I would be off work for this amount of time only that I would have weight restrictions for that long. My income took a 25% hit when I accepted this job, STD only pays like 60% of your income so at this point, I really don't know what I am going to do.

Sorry, I know you didn't ask about my life issues I am just really panicking starting to sell things worried that my employer will terminate me which will end my health insurance which means no therapy, no medications, I will have screwed everything up all over again.
awww :( hugs here for you

Sorry you are dealing with the stress of the bills and time off. I know how that goes. It's super difficult. Try to take things one step at a time.

@prepedignahar, if you explain to the nurses that you have PTSD, and will need something to calm you down, the anesthesiologist will give you something. It's probably a good idea to let your surgeon know too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back