• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Are You Feeling Today? Not Thinking, Rather Feeling! Can You Identify Yours?

I feel really sad and scared. My heart is really fragile and I nearly had another heart attack last night. Now the docters told me i have to have an ultrasound on my liver. I'm only 44 and I'm basically scared of dying. I've also been told that my brother is eventually going to sell his house and move further away. Life feels very shitty at the moment.

I don’t know if I think about how I feel or how I feel about what I think, meaning which is predominant. I was told my feelings are in my body and I’m not in touch with my feelings I’m “in my head”. That was a long time ago in therapy, and I still am not sure I know what any of it means.

My world seems much smaller, darker, and lonelier than it ever has before. I feel I have been abandoned, but that is actually a thought and not a feeling, so I guess the feeling is one of being lost and alone. Still, I am grateful for my friends and loved ones and for the meaning I have found in my life.

Back