• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What are you having for dinner? (wanna share your recipe?)

Not sure what it was ..

*Ground beef
*Diced onion
*Beef bouillon/water
*Can of cream of mushroom soup
*A couple of handfuls of frozen peas/carrots
*Salt/pepper/dried parsley

Cook beef. Drain. Add onion and cook a few minutes. Add dissolved bouillon/water and soup. Cook till bubbly. Add veg. Simmer until heated through.

Serve over egg noodles, mashed potatoes, toast or rice. Tonight we had it over egg noodles.

Cake itself turned out really well, best white cake ever. Heart attack icing…? Epic fail, necessitating a trip to the store for more sugar to make a seven minute frosting. Made this seafood dish for dinner, though, really easy for something that sounds deluxe. I doubled the sauce and cooked up some cavatappi to make it a fancy dancy Mac and cheese, and I used all shrimp because that is what the grand daughter likes: Maritime (Canada) Seafood Casserole Recipe - Food.com
Add a bit of vegetable stock concentrate to the poaching liquid to add some oomph. Was a complete hit with kids and big folks. And I made it ahead except for the baking, a big plus in my mind…

I saw an easy looking slow cooker recipe on Facebook ( I think) that I thought I could do in a casserole dish with a CD lid in the range , So I bought the things I knew I needed ….. but had forgotten to save the recipe 🙄 and couldn’t find it again so approximated. Some braising beef cut into strips, an onion, tossed in enough hoisin sauce to coat , a dash of cider vinegar ( because that’s what I had) . Pretty sure the recipe mentioned mirin or similar but I wanted to pass on that, a whole red chilli, a couple of cloves of garlic , salt, a little tomato paste and I sliced a couple of carrots in, some five spice. Later I added loads of sliced peppers not hoping for much. It was delicious- I was wary feeling it was unbalanced as I threw things in but it came together beautifully as it cooked slowly.

If I can remember that I’ll definitely do it again, because apart from the sweetness of the hoisin it was much less sweet than many Chinese recipes items to cook at home and this much healthier and beautifully winter warm. The single , whole red chilli gave it the mild warmth I was looking for tonight, gentle. I really love slow cooked beef and much prefer doing it in the wood stove than in a slow cooker . It just works better for me

Lookout! I’m about to do Science Baking!

All I have is Oui Strawberry Yogurt (coconut dairy free), but I’m not brave enough to bake regularly, so don’t want to wait on fetching vanilla yogurt. Will update if I don’t totally screw it up. Well. Also if I do. Because it’s just hilarious when that happens.

much prefer doing it in the wood stove than in a slow cooker . It just works better for me
EVERYTHING is better in a wood stove!!!

But I trained on an Italian wood fire pizza oven as my very first kitchen job ever, and have been more comfy cooking anything where I have that kind of exquisite control ever since. It’s like driving a stick.

EVERYTHING is better in a wood stove!!!

But I trained on an Italian wood fire pizza oven as my very first kitchen job ever, and have been more comfy cooking anything where I have that kind of exquisite control ever since. It’s like driving a stick.
I only really drive stick.

I think the think for me with the woodstove is I don’t really feel more control - but regardless food does usually taste better. I use it in the winter months because- well - it’s on ! I don’t have control when using it as a dehydrator so much - but for cooking casseroles? Breads ? It’s unbeatable. I use my modern cooker for Christmas candy making and I’ll be honest - I cannot remember if I’ve ever stuck a cake in the range or not 🤔. Mine has a small oven - I can carefully pack a roast chicken or small roast joint and other roast parts of a meal in the oven . That’s it - but enough for daily cooking certainly:).

Dh is wrecked after loads of physical work and I’m not on my feet tonight so supper has to be very easy, but warm because it’s pretty cold . Poor old pasta gets hauled out nights like these and low carb be damed . We will have pasta with some jarred artichokes and Jarred mushrooms tossed through ( so beaten not even sauce making!) and some mozzarella and Parmesan and for freshness a handful of parsley ( shrug , it’s what we have , chopped and tossed through too) .

I try and keep some pasta cooked and frozen to be better for glycemic index - but failed at that today too .

Something very similar to this, I think.

Although I

a) object to the name 😋 It should read ‘Smokey beef, leek, & artichoke stew; or artichoke, pimenton, beef & leek stew. Ich Weiss nicht. Something. Involving the fact there are freaking artichokes involved. Because that’s all kinds of wow in my world.

b) Am incrediably tempted to add or sub the same smoked sausage I use in gumbo/jambalaya (which is kind of in between andouille & linguica).

I think the red wine base prolly goes better with the beef. So it will depend on if I feel like cracking open a bottle of tempernillo, and baking bread… or making sausage.

RIGHT at the moment, I’m wishing I could just order a pizza. Olive oil base. Toppings IDFK. But? Made by someone else. Delivered (by someone else) to meeeeeee. No work necessary.

But soup sounds good. If I have to make something.

The National Museum of the American Indian museum store is brilliant and one of my favourite books from there is a recipe book. Tonight we are having a tortilla soup that’s not like chicken based tortilla soup .

Back