• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Did You Do For You Today???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Therapy appointment... Went great... Felt great... Back into a good space with myself :) Gaining this recognition puts my mind at peace as I have new things to work on and I feel less 'out of control' of my own mind and body!

Laid in the tanning bed. This spring has even brought 'winter storm' warnings so that quick dose of Vitamin D (a.k.a. cancer treatment *lol*) is soooooo worth it!

Told my sufferer I needed a night off... to stay in my own place. Rented a movie and talked to my mom on the phone and drank a couple of glasses of one of my wine trip purchases (cork dork right here :p) with a nummy homemade steak salad and a tastey bakery morsel :rolleyes:

:O_o: Tonight... Running on the tred mill and going to try and outdo my run from two nights ago!!

Today I made a lemon cheesecake, not made one for years. It took me 20 mins and tastes so much better that the shop bought ones.

Maybe made a mistake though, hubby loved it. So could be another job on my list of things to do :roflmao: :rolleyes:

I listened to some music, and played a little bit of a video game. I'm going to squeeze in a good work-out on my elliptical if my youngest ever takes a nap. And a hot shower is a treat for me every night. It's one of the few chances I get for some alone time each day.

Tomorrow I am going to take most of the day off work, go to an appointment, hairdresser and dancing with my husband. I worked 16 - 18 hour days for the last 10 days and my eyes sting just looking at the computer and I have been up since 4.30am tomorrow.

The hardest thing to do will not be to answer the phone. :whistling:

Yesterday I gave myself the day off & did nothing but make a cake, sleep & watched tv. Its been a very long school term & i've been struggling with my anxiety & tiredness.
I've got up feeling less tired & more determined to get myself back to my recovery. I've done it before & can do it again!

I did some extra cleaning today. I know it doesn't sound like much but I am really proud when I can make the house look nice and neat. I grew up in a home with a hoarder for a father and nobody ever cleaned, and my parents never taught us to clean and keep house properly. The floors in their house got so bad that some of them were literally crusted and caked with dirt and looked black. I remember cleaning for them as an adult sometimes, but everyone always just messed it back up. My house never gets that bad, and I'm no hoarder, but It does get a bit messy at times because I will slip away some days and get behind on housework.

I've been putting off taking my bike in for a tune-up and have been driving around with it in the back of my rig for the last few weeks. Though everyone seems to be closed and I drove around for an hour trying to find this bike place, I just so happened to show up when the owner was showing up to drop some stuff off and got it checked in so I'll be back on it (in the sunshine :))))) next week! :tup:

Yesterday got my nails and toes done again. My weeks are all mushed together so didn't realize till after that I went in too soon but it was SOOOOO worth the foot and hand/arm massage!!! :barefoot:

Also, I've been thinking of ways to volunteer and the other day - out of the blue - my other half asked if I wanted to join the Ladies Auxilary. He was filling out his VFW application and I had no idea what it was. It was like a dream come true because I've wanted to assist/write letters/visit troops/etc. since I was 11 years old but never could figure out how. There are 5 VFWs in my town. My brother and sufferer belong to two different ones. I finished my app. this morning and am sending it in... Super stoked about this opportunity! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back