• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Do You Most Like About Yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, What about you do you like?

Hi veiled,
Talk about getting people in touch with their self esteem issues. Way to go. But being put on the spot... Ouch.

Is there anyone again, .........or anyone new to the forum, up for such an "Ouch" experience?

Hope

i like my honesty. thats why my lying when i was a practing alcholic bother me. i am glad that i am a recovered alcholic i have many friends know. i like the friends i have made in my ptsd group also. since i quit drinking i am not covering up my ptsd and him now working on it. so i have taken negatives in my life and turn them to positives.

What a terrific topic, 'Hope - these are the habits I need to cultivate!

What I like about me:
  • I'm an environmentalist
  • I am working to make my 'carbon footprint' less
  • I'm an animal rights person - love animals
  • I'm a vegan (mostly...Doritos get me sometimes)
  • I have a terrific sense of humor
  • I am open -- I will argue my point vehemently, but if yours makes more sense, I'll change my opinion
  • I am compassionate
  • I have a heart for the weak, powerless, oppressed (animals, children, elderly)
  • I am funny
  • I am intelligent
  • I am a gifted writer
  • I am intuitive and see patterns
  • I have pretty eyes
  • I am strong
  • I am learning to be vulnerable and to let my guard down
  • People confide in me, I am non-judgmental
  • I love the Earth, love nature
  • I am spiritual
  • I don't settle - I never quit looking for answers, never took the easy way out
  • I have a sunny personality
  • My hands. I have good hands.
  • I can make people feel good; I see the light/positive in them.
  • I'm an excellent organizer
  • I'm an excellent planner
  • I grasp new concepts quickly, holistically, completely
  • I am authentic.
And, like Helen Keller said, I "reach, reach for the light, even if for the moment I do not feel its warmth."

Wow, what a self-esteem builder.
-Dylan

I missed this the first time 'round. Maybe I wasn't ready to list positives yet. I am now!

• I'm caring
  • I'm empathetic
  • I'm thoughtful
  • I'm intelligent
  • I'm analytical
  • I love children and pets
  • I enjoy the beauty of nature
  • I feel things strongly
  • My excitement is contagious
  • I'm a good writer
  • I read aloud quite well
  • I'm curious
  • I enjoy learning
  • I have a nice laugh
  • I enjoy doing things even if I don't excel at them

Woman...you ask tough questions:) But I will give it a shot, so here goes.

What I like about me:

I am loyal
I am honest
I love to read
I am intelligent
I love the earth and do my best to protect her
I love animals but more importantly they seem to love me
I am compassionate
I am strong
I am starting to like me
I don't quit or give up easily
I love to learn
I am good with kids

So I am sure there is more but it is time to get ready to go home now (I am at work) so I have to put Pewditt away now. But I will think about this some more.

Blessings,
Jet

The thing I like about myself the most was a question I tried to answer a long time ago and all I could come up with was " I don't like anything about myself"

But after interacting with the many people on the forum and our leader Anthony, I can honestly say I now HAVE something I like about myself.

I like the fact that I have grown as a person and gained a better insight about myself. I like that I have a better understanding of how to behave around people.

What I like most about myself:
I am true to myself.
I am adventurous.
I am honest.
I am brave.
I am generous.
I am forbearant.

I like my ability to survive and see the whole picture. My talent in writing poetry and loving my children the way I do. :rolleyes:

What I Like About Myself

I like that I have been able to help people in need throughout my life. I have put others needs before my own and that is one of the reasons I am suffering from PTSD. I have been writing all of the incidents I have been involved in and that I get flashbacks about in my Journal. I am starting a Cognitive Therapy class this week and I am also starting to open up to my Doctor and Counselor. I feel pretty good about this except the fact that after I reminisce about things I get anxious and I have not ben able to sleep well. My doctor gave me some samples of Rozerem and it seems to work for a little while but I am usually up by 3am and wide awake. Well Have a great night and week everyone. I hope to get cleared from moderation soon so I can get more involved with the site. Jeff....

Hmmmm....I could go on forever about what I don't like, but what I like?
I like that I have green eyes that everyone says they remember. I like that I inject a dollop of irreverence into situations or institutions that are taking themselves too seriously (hee hee, I love doing that). I loooove the deep and spiritual peace that is within me, that I often feel that I have lost and can't connect with, but it is there. Sometimes I feel it when I am floating in the lake under the stars (as I am about to do) looking up at the dust of the Milky Way and out into the universe.
And I like that even though I don't always feel it, I am a tough survivor, like my biological mother who I never met before she died too young. She got through a lot, including a terrible foster home and a teenage pregnancy, and became a popular and loving adult. And I think she passed some of her survival on to me.
Thanks for that, Shirley.

Rivergirl

I like that i am outspoken, intelligent, funny, creative, and won't let people push me around.
I also like my ability to survive my life up until now, and still be able to be a compassionate, trustworthy young woman, and also still want to change the world for the better.
I like the way people say my smile is infectious and that i could make them laugh when they're sad, or just cheer them up in general, even if it means i make a fool of myself, it's worth it to see someone i actually care about smile.

I have been told that my "curse" in life is the fact that I am a very nice, loyal, and passionate person. And that people will be more likely to take advantage of me because of this.

And unfortunately I will have to strongly agree with this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back