• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What do you need emotionally right now, and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris-duck

Policy Enforcement
My homework for T (on top of the letter in my diary) is to think daily about what I need emotionally. Like what do I need from myself or other people.

As a human who is basically unaware of any feelz I have no idea how to answer this. Never mind have a new answer each day. So I'm asking you nice folks, what do you need today to fulfil your emotional needs?

I'm basically hoping I can understand better wtf most people consider a need and bounce off it so I can think. But yeah.. go nuts, say whatever.

Thanks.

I need laughter and friendship because the death of my son at the first of this year has wiped me out emotionally. I need the 'normalcy' of just having a fun time. I need the stress relief of laughter. I need to see and hear others' voices to let me know I still belong to the human race. That I am not alone all the time. Does that help?

I need a T, a good one who gets it, who's gonna be reliable, who ticks all the "BRAVING" checkboxes, who treats me with respect and is reasonably genuine.
I need a low demand regime as I am so very, very, tired from raising my very, large, family, for so long, with so much dysfunction and treachery and unmet needs along the way, while struggling with this condition.

I'm sorry for being dense, but I guess it's more "what do you need and why?"
Totally stumps me, too, if a confused face handing you a drink from beside you on the bench, is any use. (Not much, I know.)

I can get a leeeeeetle bit of traction if I change the question to “what do I WANT emotionally)... but that’s also not a daily variable thing. It’s the same durn things I always want, emotionally. Enthusiasm. Determination. Passion. Joy. Love. Humor. Cocky self confidence. Triumph. Sated bliss. Curiosity. Mischief.

Need? Doesn’t parse.

And in what regard? Like if I’m beset by sorrows, I need to stubborn up? Or need to temper some wild enthusiasm with steadiness? Dragging ass need to dig deep and find my motivation? Or if I’m middling okayish, need to get fierce about some joy? Are we talking counters &/or accentuation to what’s already there? ...Or environmental factors, like being around badass bastards that make me a better person and even the worst of life fun as f*ck? Or the lousy draining job needing some serious grounding and centering to not lose myself AAAARGH >.< factor, but maintain my sense of integrity? <<< So by “need” are we talking about what I’m doing in response to whats already there? (Both internally & externally) IE -essentially- Emotional Monitoring & Regulation? Or building a baseline mental/emotional outlook? Or, or, or...

...Faaaaaaaaawk. How about I “need” (meaning want) to not be talking about my feeeeeeeelings. Like, ever. Shudder.

My homework for T (on top of the letter in my diary) is to think daily about what I need emotionally. Like what do I need from myself or other people.

As a human who is basically unaware of any feelz I have no idea how to answer this. Never mind have a new answer each day. So I'm asking you nice folks, what do you need today to fulfil your emotional needs?

I'm basically hoping I can understand better wtf most people consider a need and bounce off it so I can think. But yeah.. go nuts, say whatever.

Thanks.
I need safety and support. If I don't feel safe nor supported I'm out.

I need some hope and company. I'm lonely and afraid. My husband and I were partially isolated since covid started (essential workers) and I recently had surgery last Friday so now I'm completely isolated except for my husband and relegated to my bed and the bathroom. It takes me 15 minutes to make a 10 second walk on crutches to and from the bathroom now. I am struggling to even call people because the lack of being able to do basic things has me feeling hopeless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back