What Is On Your Mind Right This Second?

Rosebud

MyPTSD Pro
Oops, missed the edit. By quite a bit I see.

Of course I received too. At this point though, what they all choose, what they do, makes no difference to me at all. All the best to them.

Rosebud

MyPTSD Pro
Oh @Friday lol.

I was thinking of what is dignity?, that it is more the lived reality and reflection between others, much as self-worth is, than something inherent. I mean, it is inherent on paper, but when people are shunned, or not spoken to, or not included, or treated differently; or screamed at, or blamed, if their intellect or thoughts or health or feelings are not acknowledged or cared about, etc, how can that be a lived reality of feeling (and therefore internalizing) any sense of dignity or worth.

Rosebud

MyPTSD Pro
Then again, I was thinking, maybe some people are meant to live with dignity, others not. Besides which, it just makes a person ungrateful/ b*tchy/ bitter to focus on any of it. And plus get jowls/ a down turned mouth, which God knows if I'll get that, or have that, with EDS anyway, hope not because it looks like a sourpuss. I think, no, I know, I read something about the biggest challenge when we hit 40-ish up in life is not becoming bitter, I think Ron Rolheiser said that. Better to try to be grateful and thankful.

Last edited:

Rosebud

MyPTSD Pro
I hope you feel ok @DharmaGirl . 🤗

Trying to get the pup to sleep.

Universe providing a guy at work, who went too hard on himself (IMHO) autocorrecting to get my name right (he chose, I hadn't said anything, admonished himself out loud but he had simply mispronounced it). I should have felt good- I did think it was nice/ respectful, but mostly I felt kind of bad, not worth anything made out of it, fwiw. Not my fault in that I wouldn't have noticed but he goes too hard on himself about saying the right thing, I think,, and I had just written it here. Showed me it doesn't really matter. And even the way I am, it doesn't really. small things aren't what I recall or that stick with me. Kind of like the distance it brings, & distance from my own past/ identity when it's not my actual name.

Last edited:

DharmaGirl

MyPTSD Pro
And plus get jowls/ a down turned mouth
I was always worried about this so I taught myself to wear a slight smile. I was amazed at how many people would smile at me! Sadly I'm fat, and lost some weight and now I have wattles. I think maybe it's because I'm subconsciously trying to look like my chickens, lol. Or better yet, the turkeys!

Rosebud

MyPTSD Pro
Oh @DharmaGirl , lol! 💙 🤗

I'm sorry, actually, it came out wrong/ incomplete when I wrote it- I remember my mom saying you end up with the face that reflects your thoughts/ being (whatever the words). I always smiled too because I always worked. Even now people tell me how happy I look even wearing the mask. I just meant I want my thoughts to be kind, genuinely. Strange thing is, with the mask I thought I don't have to smile and I feel too sad/ tired, so I will get that way, also because when your eyes smile the mask moves. But oddly it hasn't happened yet/ not downturned. I don't think.

With EDS it can look like severe weight loss but without any and even if skin and bone. Also translucent skin/ veins. (Pretty! 😛🙄 And it might be just one leg, or one arm, etc. I wish I looked like my dog but she has some nose and ears!! (Batgirl) 😊

Friday

The way other languages say “I’m Sorry.”

Désolés! ...just has to be my favorite.

Italian’s “I’m displeased” (mi dispiace) just takes such a 3miles back next place to French’s “I’m desolated”.

Love. It.

Lionheart

Sponsor
I am thinking about how I want to set up a 'sacred space' if I get my new apartment. I've never lived completely on my own and my surroundings are extremely important to me as I am like a sponge. I soak up the energy vibrations of my surroundings and it influences my mood and behavior. I would want my special space to represent the best of me and be a comforting kind of place.