• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Is On Your Mind Right This Second?

Oops, missed the edit. By quite a bit I see.

Of course I received too. At this point though, what they all choose, what they do, makes no difference to me at all. All the best to them.

Oh @Friday lol.

I was thinking of what is dignity?, that it is more the lived reality and reflection between others, much as self-worth is, than something inherent. I mean, it is inherent on paper, but when people are shunned, or not spoken to, or not included, or treated differently; or screamed at, or blamed, if their intellect or thoughts or health or feelings are not acknowledged or cared about, etc, how can that be a lived reality of feeling (and therefore internalizing) any sense of dignity or worth.

Then again, I was thinking, maybe some people are meant to live with dignity, others not. Besides which, it just makes a person ungrateful/ b*tchy/ bitter to focus on any of it. And plus get jowls/ a down turned mouth, which God knows if I'll get that, or have that, with EDS anyway, hope not because it looks like a sourpuss. I think, no, I know, I read something about the biggest challenge when we hit 40-ish up in life is not becoming bitter, I think Ron Rolheiser said that. Better to try to be grateful and thankful.

Last edited:
I hope you feel ok @DharmaGirl . 🤗

Trying to get the pup to sleep.

Universe providing a guy at work, who went too hard on himself (IMHO) autocorrecting to get my name right (he chose, I hadn't said anything, admonished himself out loud but he had simply mispronounced it). I should have felt good- I did think it was nice/ respectful, but mostly I felt kind of bad, not worth anything made out of it, fwiw. Not my fault in that I wouldn't have noticed but he goes too hard on himself about saying the right thing, I think,, and I had just written it here. Showed me it doesn't really matter. And even the way I am, it doesn't really. small things aren't what I recall or that stick with me. Kind of like the distance it brings, & distance from my own past/ identity when it's not my actual name.

Last edited:
And plus get jowls/ a down turned mouth
I was always worried about this so I taught myself to wear a slight smile. I was amazed at how many people would smile at me! Sadly I'm fat, and lost some weight and now I have wattles. I think maybe it's because I'm subconsciously trying to look like my chickens, lol. Or better yet, the turkeys!

Oh @DharmaGirl , lol! 💙 🤗

I'm sorry, actually, it came out wrong/ incomplete when I wrote it- I remember my mom saying you end up with the face that reflects your thoughts/ being (whatever the words). I always smiled too because I always worked. Even now people tell me how happy I look even wearing the mask. I just meant I want my thoughts to be kind, genuinely. Strange thing is, with the mask I thought I don't have to smile and I feel too sad/ tired, so I will get that way, also because when your eyes smile the mask moves. But oddly it hasn't happened yet/ not downturned. I don't think.

With EDS it can look like severe weight loss but without any and even if skin and bone. Also translucent skin/ veins. (Pretty! 😛🙄 And it might be just one leg, or one arm, etc. I wish I looked like my dog but she has some nose and ears!! (Batgirl) 😊

The way other languages say “I’m Sorry.”

Désolés! ...just has to be my favorite.

Italian’s “I’m displeased” (mi dispiace) just takes such a 3miles back next place to French’s “I’m desolated”.

Love. It.

I am thinking about how I want to set up a 'sacred space' if I get my new apartment. I've never lived completely on my own and my surroundings are extremely important to me as I am like a sponge. I soak up the energy vibrations of my surroundings and it influences my mood and behavior. I would want my special space to represent the best of me and be a comforting kind of place.

Back