• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Is Your Subjective Units Of Distress (suds) Rating Right Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has been my attempt to encourage the development of the self-assessment/self-reflection skill/practice, in this community.
<grin>

Learning what the SUDS was -and using it as a tool in my life- has easily been in my top 5-10 most useful & effective practices/skills for learning to deliberately manage my PTSD.

Wasn’t something I’d ever even heard of -at least not in a way I could see much less apply- before this site.

Damn useful thing.

Learning what the SUDS was -and using it as a tool in my life- has easily been in my top 5-10 most useful & effective practices/skills for learning to deliberately manage my PTSD.
Could not agree more.

Notice the stress + rate it's intensity = I know what I need to do to cope

Current SUDS a chilled out 3 thanks to having discovered Rusty Lake's games. Barely noticing the usual late December issues right now in this moment 🎉

My SUDs has dropped to a one and it's a one because I am still fighting pneumonia. However, I am about as happy, relaxed, and stress-free as I've ever been. I sure hope it lasts a while.

Still tracking at 7.

Had a recent chat with T and as an offshoot they mentioned about my SUDs being consistently mid/high, which felt interesting as we don’t routinely discuss it unless doing emdr, but they have accurately clocked it anyway.

I guess that’s their job, but felt a bit crazy when the rest of my irl world doesn’t seem to have a clue.

and you, @Friday, have made my day!!! Thank you! 🤗

I am delighted that the SUDS rating scale has been useful/meaningful in your life! We all need a set of tools/techniques to best manage our health, I'm glad this one has been of value to you.

Be well. ☺️

I am so relieved that my fever finally broke and that my oxygen levels are back up. (I have COPD and I had pneumonia too) I am so happy, relaxed, and stress-free that I'm gonna go out on a limb and place myself at zero. I do not remember the last time I was this happy. Probably before my sister passed away over 3 years ago.

Last edited:

Surrounded by…

clean, dry, cold air (I can breathe!);
snow & sunshine;
humming birds & crows;
cat curled up on a pillow in the sun;
me’self moving freely or blissed out under blankets energy UP;
cold sparkling apple cider & warm soup;
money in the bank but not working today;

…life is pretty damn amazing in this moment.

Almost no physical pain, blissfully able to breathe, I know it’s a temporary thing (being in a climate that agrees with me & makes me happy 😊 ❄️) but I forget just how much the stress of being in a climate that doesn’t affects all. the. things. Even though I know it intellectually. It’s just been sooooooo damn long since it was either a) something I could moderate effectively by having command over both my living space and my time spent elsewhere or b) my normal to live somewhere that I wasn’t made worse simply by being there. Like knowing a million dollars exists is different from having a million dollars.

I very much doubt my SUDS would always be this low in weather like this, and maybe half of the OMFG I FEEL AMAZING is in contrast to how shite I feel, but? Relief might be euphoric, but normal is the goal to shift.

It costs serious money to live well in the cold… so the next step is moving somewhere warm (tropics) & vacationing in the cold. Whether that’s the last step, or step 2 is moving to somewhere with both (warm/cold)? IDFK.

It’s good to be reminded that my bullheaded pursuit of moving to a climate that doesn’t hate me? Is well founded. For days like this.

Last edited:
…life is pretty damn amazing in this moment.
That is awesome I am happy for you!!!
Almost no physical pain, blissfully able to breathe,
I have COPD and pneumonia so I know what it means to be able to breathe!!!
or step 2 is moving to somewhere with both (warm/cold)? IDFK.
Consider Kentucky we get all the weather. lol, I never know how to dress. hahaha, At any rate, I think it is great that your distress level is so low and regardless of where you move or not, I wish you all the best.

Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back