What Is Your Subjective Units Of Distress (suds) Rating Right Now?

Friday

This thread has been my attempt to encourage the development of the self-assessment/self-reflection skill/practice, in this community.
<grin>

Learning what the SUDS was -and using it as a tool in my life- has easily been in my top 5-10 most useful & effective practices/skills for learning to deliberately manage my PTSD.

Wasn’t something I’d ever even heard of -at least not in a way I could see much less apply- before this site.

Damn useful thing.

Sideways

Learning what the SUDS was -and using it as a tool in my life- has easily been in my top 5-10 most useful & effective practices/skills for learning to deliberately manage my PTSD.
Could not agree more.

Notice the stress + rate it's intensity = I know what I need to do to cope

Current SUDS a chilled out 3 thanks to having discovered Rusty Lake's games. Barely noticing the usual late December issues right now in this moment 🎉

Lionheart

MyPTSD Pro
My SUDs has dropped to a one and it's a one because I am still fighting pneumonia. However, I am about as happy, relaxed, and stress-free as I've ever been. I sure hope it lasts a while.

osiris

MyPTSD Pro
Still tracking at 7.

Had a recent chat with T and as an offshoot they mentioned about my SUDs being consistently mid/high, which felt interesting as we don’t routinely discuss it unless doing emdr, but they have accurately clocked it anyway.

I guess that’s their job, but felt a bit crazy when the rest of my irl world doesn’t seem to have a clue.

Lionheart

MyPTSD Pro
I am so relieved that my fever finally broke and that my oxygen levels are back up. (I have COPD and I had pneumonia too) I am so happy, relaxed, and stress-free that I'm gonna go out on a limb and place myself at zero. I do not remember the last time I was this happy. Probably before my sister passed away over 3 years ago.

Last edited:

Friday

Surrounded by…

clean, dry, cold air (I can breathe!);
snow & sunshine;
humming birds & crows;
cat curled up on a pillow in the sun;
me’self moving freely or blissed out under blankets energy UP;
cold sparkling apple cider & warm soup;
money in the bank but not working today;

…life is pretty damn amazing in this moment.

Almost no physical pain, blissfully able to breathe, I know it’s a temporary thing (being in a climate that agrees with me & makes me happy 😊 ❄️) but I forget just how much the stress of being in a climate that doesn’t affects all. the. things. Even though I know it intellectually. It’s just been sooooooo damn long since it was either a) something I could moderate effectively by having command over both my living space and my time spent elsewhere or b) my normal to live somewhere that I wasn’t made worse simply by being there. Like knowing a million dollars exists is different from having a million dollars.

I very much doubt my SUDS would always be this low in weather like this, and maybe half of the OMFG I FEEL AMAZING is in contrast to how shite I feel, but? Relief might be euphoric, but normal is the goal to shift.

It costs serious money to live well in the cold… so the next step is moving somewhere warm (tropics) & vacationing in the cold. Whether that’s the last step, or step 2 is moving to somewhere with both (warm/cold)? IDFK.

It’s good to be reminded that my bullheaded pursuit of moving to a climate that doesn’t hate me? Is well founded. For days like this.

Last edited:

Lionheart

MyPTSD Pro
…life is pretty damn amazing in this moment.
That is awesome I am happy for you!!!
Almost no physical pain, blissfully able to breathe,
I have COPD and pneumonia so I know what it means to be able to breathe!!!
or step 2 is moving to somewhere with both (warm/cold)? IDFK.
Consider Kentucky we get all the weather. lol, I never know how to dress. hahaha, At any rate, I think it is great that your distress level is so low and regardless of where you move or not, I wish you all the best.

Lion