• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What was the most interesting item(s) in your newsfeeds today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to watching/listening to this. Jim Donovan has been big part of my healing path through the years, from breath work techniques, to drumming skills, to chanting benefits, to just being an overall beautiful human who shares his gifts and healing potential with the world.

I'm not that familiar with Dr. Porges, but do recall reading many things about the polyvagal theory and such. According to the article, "...Dr. Porges has published more than 300 peer-reviewed papers across several disciplines and, in 1994, proposed the Polyvagal Theory, a theory that links the evolution of the mammalian autonomic nervous system to social behavior and emphasizes the importance of physiological state in the expression of behavioral problems and psychiatric disorders..."

The time stamps of the talk are included within the article to help narrow down particular subjects of interest.

"...In 1818 the evolution of the treadwheel to the treadmill continued. British engineer Sir William Cubitt wanted to reform prisoners who he felt were too idle...."

"...By the 1920s wealthy people customized wooden slat treadmills to lose unwanted weight gains (too much alcohol consumption)...."

I loooooove stories like these... and they’re also half* of why I pay very little attention to “current events”. All of the really interesting stuff? Happens behind closed doors, known only to a few people, and -if we’re lucky- we may find out about it in the decades to come. But most of those stories? Will be lost to time. I always feel so effing privileged for the brief glimpses we get into those people, their lives, and the events in the world.

* What the press doesn’t know is the first half; & what they think they know they get wrong, is the second. If I want to actually KNOW what’s going on? I have to be playing the game, not reading about it. Incomplete & wrong? Is boring.

Friday, did you see the movie Red Joan? I watched it recently and thought it was very interesting. You'd probably like it too.

It's about Melita Norwood, the Britian who gave neuclear info to the Russians. 1937-1972. She wasn't arrested until 1999.

Carry on. 😉

The tree frogs are starting to thaw out and fill the night air with their mating chorus. After having a discussion about it, this showed up in my news feed...

Frogsicles: Frozen But Still Alive

Friday, did you see the movie Red Joan?
I haven’t... but I just watched the trailer & have added it to my watch list! The sheer number of people involved in keeping the US & USSR in stalemate? Boggles the mind. My dad spent most of his career playing tic-tac-toe (IE chasing, and being chased by Russian subs). I’ll probably/possibly still be alive when those events are declassified.

The nearest known female is located less than a hundred miles south of the border, but the discovery of the young male suggests they may be even closer, Ceballos says.
In the early 90’s there was a female with Cubs in the canyon preserve east of Del Mar. Saw them a few times, as did others, but the coyotes either got them or someone shot them & the coyotes got what was left. Amazing the difference in attitude over the decades. In the 90’s “everyone” wanted them shot, or the adult shot and Cubs to a zoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back