• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What was the most interesting item(s) in your newsfeeds today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops...I never did dive any deeper into the article up yonder ^^^. Out of sight out of mind.

Meanwhile, today I happened upon this free master gardener class from Oregon State University. Not sure if my attention span can hang with it all, but I'm gonna give it a shot.

I thought others might also be interested for themselves, or maybe to do with their kids. Having youth (and adults) learn how to grow edible things would rock so hard, especially now, when learning to grow our own could benefit and feed so many....

Master Gardener Series: Vegetable Gardening Online Course

Thanks I signed up. This will be helpful. Gardening and soil is very grounding. The turtles love basil, lettuces, chards, and strawberries.

So good to see ya', @shatter eyes ! Hope you and your turtle grow lots of greenage and berries.

I enjoy the versions of learning how to grow things in pots and small spaces on you tube, too. So many cool and nurturing things to learn, so little sustained attention span to do it with. ?

This guy is a favorite of mine to watch and learn from:

So good to see ya', @shatter eyes ! Hope you and your turtle grow lots of greenage and berries.

I enjoy the versions of learning how to grow things in pots and small spaces on you tube, too. So many cool and nurturing things to learn, so little sustained attention span to do it with. ?

This guy is a favorite of mine to watch and learn from:

Thanks TT. I can see how you like this gardener in video he is informative and also easy to follow for me. Kept my attention for 20min!! ?

Yup. I've found it to be good medicine in all the years I've been hugging them.

Dead Link Removed

"In a time when close contact and embracing is discouraged for risk of COVID-19 infection, trees can offer a sense of comfort, says Þór, although he urges visitors to the national forest to take precautions not to all hug the same tree.”

A friend shared a link that has company names from all over the world that sell heirloom seeds. I was aware of several in the U.S., as I await delivery from two of them, but am grateful to now be aware of even more...

77 Heirloom Seed Companies To Grow Your Own Non-GMO Garden

Then I stumbled upon a recent DIY vegan cheese compilation that reminds me how easy it is to create the cheesy flavors I used to be heavily addicted to, along with some I haven't yet heard of, minus the animal bodily secretions and the distressing painful processes to acquire it...

Cheeses — Vegan and plant based recipes — 86 Eats

Then I saw this vision of divine deliciousness and part of me wants to make them, but the other part(s) of me knows once they're made and within reach, that whole idea of moderation will get kicked to the curb...

https://www.thejaroudifamily.com/post/whole-food-plant-based-reese-s-egg

img_0427.jpeg

Internet rabbit hole, rather than news feed... as both dogs/wolfdogs & grief has been on my mind? Makes sense I “stumbled” onto these 2 articles, but the picture above helped settle a few things.

A Dogs Grief
Malachi the Wolfdog Snuggles with Foster Puppies

This looks like a fun thing to learn...

"Kaha:wi Dance Theatre's Artistic Director Santee Smith shares a fun and energizes contemporary dance inspired by powwow steps and traditional dance that is connected to the heart beat of the Mother Earth"

ETA: While on the subject of dancing, this looks like a potentially worthwhile thing to dive into, as well....

Bird song visuals....I find it pretty/fascinating...

Mesmerising Visual Soundscapes of Bird Songs

"If you are a nature or bird lover, you will resonate with the work of Australian artist Andy Thomas. He combines recordings of bird song with 3D animation to create digital sound sculptures, he calls them “audio life forms.” As the term implies, these gorgeous creations look like the sounds they represent and react accordingly."

The creativity and innovative thinking of others never ceases to amaze me....talk about being functional and not just "foofy"...

Shelves for Life « William Warren

"These shelves are designed to last you a lifetime. The wood will colour, the surfaces will mark and stain and over the years and the furniture will become a part of you.

When you die, the shelves can be taken apart and reassembled as a coffin. The brass plate under the bottom shelf, that tells the story about this transformation, is then flipped over and you’re dates inscribed on it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back