• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Why did you choose the forum name you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Littleoc, you have to like extreme temperatures. Three of the highest temperatures ever recorded on...

I spent one August in Cyprus -- brutal heat. And, of course, everything is white -- the buildings, the roads, everything, so it all just reflects back on you. I got severe sun allergy and had to stay indoors till 7 p.m. But then it would be beach time, and my friends rolled with it, thankfully.

Hi guys/gals ;) I would like to share something personal on this thread. It fits the topic and fully inspired by all of you sharing special meanings behind your chosen names.

I faced a nightmare situation this week that for me went about as awful as it could. Worse than I had thought. As you all know, the aftermath is sometimes just as painful as the exposure itself.

One thing that has always been a special part of this journey is a pet bunny. One that looks for companionship and will let you bury your face and cry. I lost my "anti-anxiety" bunny a couple of years ago. I've had a couple of others since, but none that really connected to me at first glance.

Yesterday, after my session, my husband wanted to go to the petstore to check on something completely unrelated.

I saw a bunny just as a side glance and new that he was the one. He's about 6 weeks or so. It was like a magnet effect. I went over and the bunny immediately came to me and climbed up to be held. My husband bought him for me. He's an indoor pet and apparently knows what a liter box is already.

Anyhow, all that to say, this little fellow has no name yet. This thread has me hooked and I realize by re-reading through some of it, I need a special name that has a special meaning to it.

So I'm going to browse some of this and my own journey. This week has been a nightmare, but this thread is one of hope.

I really wanted to share my new friend with you all.

Here we are.
20180308_142407.jpg

Took a while, but that bunny has a name. Ordinary to most, but to me, "Shadow" means that for now, my life is a shadow, but with his help, hopefully he'll gently keep me out of the shadow and back to the light.

Thought I would resurrect this thread since we have so many new folks that have joined us. It has been fun learning why people use the name they use here on this forum. Is there meaning in your forum name?

I am just some random guy. You wouldn't know me if I walked past you. When I chose the name many years ago I felt there was really nothing special about me. Also, an ex-girlfriend used to refer to me as her "random guy friend" before I asked her out, so I may have been thinking about her as well.

I've noticed a lot of forum names here are bird-related. For me, birds symbolise freedom; a feeling I constantly and so strongly long for, but something I feel I may never attain due to my physical and mental demons. Their ability to fly at whim just seems so effortless and powerful and free, whereas I often view myself as a caged bird, controlled and restricted by those demons. The bellbird is the embodiment of my desires, and its song is one of the most beautiful I have ever heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back