• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Work trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
p,s, Good luck with your job hunting endeavors...… My daughter just started teaching English online. Brand new job field for her. Very interesting. And all done from home. More... If you're interested.

p,s, Good luck with your job hunting endeavors...… My daughter just started teaching English online. Brand new job field for her. Very interesting. And all done from home. More... If you're interested.

Oh yeah. I really would like to have a flexible schedule, doing something (like editing or proofreading) online. I don't have much confidence these days, so even the stuff I've seen, I'm sure I can't do. I have applied for a few jobs, but have not heard anything...not entirely sure what I would do if I did.

I'll keep you all in my prayers.

Thanks for this. So nice to know that people care.

Hi!
I started back to work from knee surgery about the time you were departing your job. I've been busy, haven't had time to read and keep up here.
I've been wondering how you've been doing with transitions?
I hope you are sorting through the emotions and insecurities that change presents and STAYING POSITIVE!!!!!!
Hopefully you can enjoy great opportunities this presents you?
Time with supportive feline friends. Reflection.
My 5 weeks off for recovery were so needed from an emotional recovery and growth standpoint.
So I hope things are positive and encouraging for you. Insecure times but we have so many supportive tools and friends here.
I hope you are well.

Hi GrayOwl! Nice to see you again!

I started back to work from knee surgery about the time you were departing your job. I've been busy, haven't had time to read and keep up here.
I've been wondering how you've been doing with transitions?

I hope you are healed now and doing ok, being back to work!

I hope you are sorting through the emotions and insecurities that change presents and STAYING POSITIVE!!!!!!
Hopefully you can enjoy great opportunities this presents you?

No job opportunities yet, but I am taking advantage of the time off to do some things around the house, to work on courses I started a long while back and to, maybe more importantly, work through all the feelings. That's been mostly not terribly hard, because there is this new freedom to manage everything as I need/care to. One of the concerns I have returning to a job is that I'll be back in that kind of environment that requires holding everything in and then not being able to deal with stuff when I'm not there.

Time with supportive feline friends. Reflection.

Oh yeah. The time has been good.

My 5 weeks off for recovery were so needed from an emotional recovery and growth standpoint.
So I hope things are positive and encouraging for you. Insecure times but we have so many supportive tools and friends here.
I hope you are well.

I'm so glad you had the time, as well. Even though time away from a paying job can be very worrisome financially, I've found this to be the very best decision for me!

Thanks, @GrayOwl!

I couldn't sleep.
Dealing with some anger and depression.
I signed in and saw you were online.
Thought I'd say "hi".
I'm sorry to hear your friends are hurting.
I'm not sure what else to say. I know you feel their pain.
There is definitely an imbalance of empathy in the world. Some of us seem to have most of it.
Kind of like money. 1% of us have 90% of the empathy. (and none of the money?….)
And about 90 % of people have little or none.
I gather you might agree?
So I hope for some healing miracles for your two companions.
You sound strong in your decision and determination with work.
I believe very strongly that there are paths prepared and available for us.
I'm two years departed from my old job. I find it hard to comprehend how badly that environment was handicapping me.
Had I not left I would have missed so much healing and growth.
I had been allowing fears and ptsd, and insecurity to guide me.
It's been very uplifting casting so much of that aside the past two years.
I enjoy chatting with you. I hope that's not too bold.
But your degree shows and you are well spoken.
I'm sending my wishes for healing of the spirit and good health for you.
Remain confident in your decision to leave. There are reasons and good things will be forthcoming.
Take care.

I couldn't sleep.

Oh, I'm sorry. I haven't made it to bed yet (230am here), so I'm not sure if I can or not. In any case, glad I was up to read this.

Dealing with some anger and depression.

I know that well. Do you have any special tricks to help you sleep?

There is definitely an imbalance of empathy in the world. Some of us seem to have most of it.
Kind of like money. 1% of us have 90% of the empathy. (and none of the money?….)
And about 90 % of people have little or none.
I gather you might agree?

Oh my gosh. Yes! And those that have none think they have it all!

I believe very strongly that there are paths prepared and available for us.

I think I've always believed this, but people really got in my way to following the path laid out for me. Father, mostly. Anyway, I definitely took the wrong one - path, that is.

I'm two years departed from my old job. I find it hard to comprehend how badly that environment was handicapping me.
Had I not left I would have missed so much healing and growth.

I've only been a little over a month since my resignation. I don't regret it at all and when I think about it or the people there, my anxiety level increases exponentially. I know it was a good thing. I suspect it will take a while before I fully accept that that place was hindering my growth (although I can certainly see it).

I enjoy chatting with you. I hope that's not too bold.
But your degree shows and you are well spoken.
I'm sending my wishes for healing of the spirit and good health for you.
Remain confident in your decision to leave. There are reasons and good things will be forthcoming.

I am always open for chatting. :-) Thanks for reaching out. I hope you get some sleep and start to feeling some better soon! I, for one, am sitting here as I have all night, taking care of my kitty. With no work currently, I stay up awfully late. But both of my cats, being sick, appreciate it, I think!

Really wish I didn't have to go back to a job!

I stay up awfully late. But both of my cats, being sick, appreciate it, I think!
They do. More than you know!

Sometimes there is no cure for insomnia. Unless you know of any? Not much works here when the mind is racing.
I have a long drive tomorrow for work. Kentucky tomorrow. Then to Florida and home on Monday.
Posting tonight has been nice and I think I'll try for sleep.
Take care.

Really wish I didn't have to go back to a job

Amen to that.

Kentucky tomorrow.

Oh, what part? I think the state is so beautiful.

Sometimes there is no cure for insomnia. Unless you know of any? Not much works here when the mind is racing.

So...since I quit, I haven't been sleeping very well. It's not because of the job, but I think because the cats have been waking me up.

I have to take something for pain at bedtime (usually ibuprofen pm) and it really helps me sleep. Sometimes my mind races, but I draw on mindfulness to decrease my anxiety. Also...I have been going to bed really late and I notice I definitely sleep better if I go to bed earlier.

Safe travels!

I stopped in Henderson tonight. Off through Nashville tomorrow and on toward Orlando. I love the rolling hills and open spaces parts of Kentucky, which is pretty much all of it. I guess that puts me in the west end. It is a beautiful place. A lot of wisconsin is quite similar - except for the snow.... which you can have if you want.....

My 3 days of insomnia and emotional stress seem to have spent themselves. And then sleep follows. I'm finding some success in mindfulness & meditation, but at the upper end nothing works and I lie awake tense for hours. Meds knock me out for days. And the illegal stuff and alcohol I gave up eons ago. I think the best resource for resolving my insomnia is simply the acceptance of life that has come with age. I think a lot of serenity comes with understanding and forgiveness of ourselves and our circumstances. That's a lot of work and honesty. That's a whole bunch of ptsd topics all to themselves......
(OMG. Pardon my exasperation for a moment. I've never posted from my cell phone before and this spell check stuff is HORRID !!!! It's bad enough when texting! So please pardon any mistakes. It typed cucumbers for circumstances above. Mistype #5,000 in this 1 post. I have to correct every word. Ugh.) Sorry.... rant over. Hopefully I've corrected everything.

Anyway, peace of mind; serenity; mindfulness, meditation (M&M) are my only coping tools for sleep. And only as effective as I choose to allow them to be.
I hope you're finding some of that today and the cats are benefiting from some healing. It sounds like you have a lot of concerns with their health.
My daughter rescued a little tabby kitten about a year ago during a very cold part of winter. I don't think it would have survived. She had the vet take care of everything. I stay with them a lot and it seems to have completely adopted me. She never leaves my side when I'm there.
Aaargh I can't take this cell phone anymore.... I'm going to stick to short posts till I get home to my desk top. How do people do this on phones???
Thanks ? for bearing through this.
Sleep well. Smiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back