• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

You Know You Have PTSD When...

You know you have PTSD when...

1. You are triggered by wild animal documentaries.

2. Grocery shopping feels like an episode of 'Total Wipeout'.

3. Your job feeds into your hypervilligence but its the only place you truly feel in control.

4. Group conversations leave you disoriented.

5. You laugh at horror movies.

6. You love nature, but the woods leave too many places for boogeymen to hide, and the prairie lands are just too open.

7. You wake up screaming at least every other week.

8. You have to call in sick on those mornings.

9. You then top your daily meds off with alcohol or weed and hide under the covers all day.

10. Your dog is the only true comfort you can find.
This reminds me.. I really need to get a dog.

People tell you that self care is necessary, take care of yourself too..............
Well, I didn't Quit my job because of all of those memories of bad events that happened there, so i was able to pay my bills.
I drove in spite of the fear of being killed by one of the idiots I expose myself to every time I hit the road, so i was able to work
And I went out of the house away from my one and only controlled safe place to drive and work so I can eat and have electricity and stuff on TV and on line.
So just what was I supposed to do for self care again? I think I am putting a lot of effort into taking care of myself, I am supposed to do more?

1. ...you’re on a first name basis with your pharmacist,

2. ...you list ‘cutting’, ‘drinking’ and ‘crying’ among your hobbies on job application forms,

3. ...the last time that you saw an episode of MASH you had to be hospitalised for three weeks,

4. ...your favourite section of the newspaper is the obituaries,

5. ...the closest you’ve come to having sex in the last three years is a colonoscopy,

6. ...your super effective weight-loss technique is… anxiety,

7. ...you’re on more medication than your grandmother, but you have a less active social life,

8. ...you find yourself eagerly counting down the days to Armageddon,

9. ...you wake up with a hangover, and all you drank the night before was a cup of tea and a glass of metamucil,

10. ...your nearest and dearest friend lives on the other side of the world and is known to you only by the online username, “night_stalker”.
Omg no.7 had me in stitches!!!

......when someone else suffers a similar trauma to you and you're mentally and physically screwed for days

.......when 2.30am is no longer a bizarre time to be awake

.......when stress related heartburn is your new normal

.......when your therapist sees you more than your own family

......when you avoid a call or text because, nope, not today Satan

.......when a fictional character losing a loved one is like a dagger to the heart

.......when you say sorry more than hello

.......when you think of doing something but when you get there you forget what it was you were meant to do

.......when Jeffrey Dhamer show is light entertainment

Back