• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

You Know You've Been Dissociating/being Absent Minded When...

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - When you think... How the hell is this thread *locked??? I just posted on it, maybe 6mo ago!

2 - When you realize you have a “unicorn time”. Meaning any block of time that is not real, when you’re thinking or saying it. For me? That’s 6 months. Anything that happened “6 months” ago? Could be 2 years. Or yesterday. Or when you were 5 years old. (30-mumble years ago). The events I’m thinking of? Actually happened. But they exist free & clear of calendars and clocks. So my brain has apparently attached “6 months” to any and all events not time stamped (dissociating!) or when I’m presently too dissociated to have an internal clock.

3 - When How the hell is this thread locked??? I just posted on it, maybe 6mo ago! hits your brain... your first thought is : Damn Unicorns. 🦄

Yah, so in this case? 6mo = 3 years. Facepalm.

* Thread now unlocked.

1 - When you think... How the hell is this thread *locked??? I just posted on it, maybe 6mo ago!

2 - When you realize you have a “unicorn time”. Meaning any block of time that is not real, when you’re thinking or saying it. For me? That’s 6 months. Anything that happened “6 months” ago? Could be 2 years. Or yesterday. Or when you were 5 years old. (30-mumble years ago). The events I’m thinking of? Actually happened. But they exist free & clear of calendars and clocks. So my brain has apparently attached “6 months” to any and all events not time stamped (dissociating!) or when I’m presently too dissociated to have an internal clock.

3 - When How the hell is this thread locked??? I just posted on it, maybe 6mo ago! hits your brain... your first thought is : Damn Unicorns. 🦄

Yah, so in this case? 6mo = 3 years. Facepalm.

* Thread now unlocked.
When your T says, "You know, you've been seeing me for a year and a half now....." and I think, has it been that long? Yeah, time is a huge issue for me, too.

Shiver... some of this is scary in its accuracy.

I usually think of dissociation as freezing, staring into space, and floating away into a remote part of my consciousness. But glitches like this where you don't know what you were doing a minute ago? Those scare me.
I call them glitches too! I don't know if many people do or not but they freak me out too.

When you have three or more copies of all your critical computer data because you keep deleting the wrong stuff from the wrong place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back