• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer About me - Accused of stealing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missmylife

New Here
I was accused of stealing money from work. A lot of money over a number of years. I know I did not do it but documents are missing and reports have been changed. I am being setup to take the fall. When I found out I lost it got in the car and drove around for 100s of miles and went missing for 12 hours. I have suffered with ptsd for over a year now and just can’t move past it. I have a great family and I feel I am not there for them. I just go through the motions daily like I am on auto pilot. I just cannot be happy for more than few minutes without feeling pain and sadness. I need to hear from other people who have overcome pain.

I was accused of stealing money from work...I have suffered with ptsd for over a year now and just can’t move past it. I have a great family and I feel I am not there for them. I just go through the motions daily like I am on auto pilot. I just cannot be happy for more than few minutes without feeling pain and sadness. I need to hear from other people who have overcome pain.
Hi @Missmylife - welcome. I'm sorry to read you're having a hard time of things. Being accused of stealing isn't necessarily going to lead to PTSD - though a major life stressor like that can lead to serious depression, and it sounds like that might be closer to what you're dealing with...Are you working with a therapist?

Not the stealing money it was the betrayal of my former boss for removing files and changing reports to make me look guilty. It has also been going on for 2 years with no resolution. I need to hear how other people got through it. I am in therapy for 2 years.

My life has been turned upside down. I am terrified every day and I may have no future job wise. I have already been diagnosed so I am not asking if I have ptsd I know I do

how is this back and forth going to help? I am trying to recover and learn from others not defend whether I have PTSD. I could write pages but I don’t want all that out there. I want to get some help not argue with someone I don’t know

First off? Welcome to the community. 😀

In answer to this...
how is this back and forth going to help? I am trying to recover and learn from others not defend whether I have PTSD. I could write pages but I don’t want all that out there. I want to get some help not argue with someone I don’t know
We have a lot of people come here with
- my partner cheated
- my drug trip was bad
- my teacher yelled at me once
- my job was lost
- my divorce has wrecked me
- my beloved cat/dog/parent/grandparent died of old age
- my car was stolen
- etc.

^^^ These are all stressors.

If someone already has PTSD? Cha. Life long disorder. Even if someone is asymptomatic for years ....Any increased stress, stressor, or loss of coping mechanism can send symptoms skyrocketing. Even good/great/amazing stress & stressors (weddings, births, etc.) and changing unhealthy coping mechanisms (quitting drinking, quitting smoking, etc.) can do it. Because that’s just how this disorder works; it is incrediably reactive to stress. Maybe half the people who come here already had PTSD, from something else, they just forgot to mention it so what people are reading is “I got PTSD from my music teacher yelling at me”. Easy oops to fix, just ask, rather than assume.

The other half? Have usually had some moron who isn’t qualified to diagnose tell them they have PTSD, and they believed them in good faith (and have been wasting years of their life trying to treat the wrong thing) ...or... somewhere along the line they got the idea that PTSD was the tippy top of the pain scale (it’s not) so if it hurts THIS bad? Then it’s depression, anxiety, grief, OCD, drug induced etc., but if it hurts THIS bad? Then it’s PTSD. Which not only isn’t how PTSD works, and there are a helluva lot more painful things out there, but again? The poor person is wasting their life trying to treat a fever from malaria with a cast on their foot. <<< It’s not kindness to cheerfully sign their cast & cheer them on about it fixing their fever. At best it’s disrespectful, and at worst it’s not just cruel but dangerous.

So, again, rather than assume there must be a trauma history, or must not be a trauma history? The kind thing to do is to ask. As it’s either an easy oops to fix, or resources to point the person to so they can get the help the need. Because they deserve that help.

I understand what you are saying. I was just reacting to the line shitty boss doesn’t give you ptsd. There is a lot more to it that that. And you are right about it being lifelong that is why I joined to learn but my first interaction was telling me I don’t have it. I just want to understand this disease and try to move on in life

I understand what you are saying. I was just reacting to the line shitty boss doesn’t give you ptsd. There is a lot more to it that that. And you are right about it being lifelong that is why I joined to learn
Cool cool.

So just to clarify/ make sure I’m understanding correctly...

...there’s trauma history you don’t want to talk about (which is totally fine) and your pre-existing PTSD is kicking your ass in response to the nightmare job situation? And ‘elp ‘elp! I’m losing my mind! (Helluva lot of us have been there!)

...Or this is all brand new from your job, and you’ve been pointed towards PTSD and aren’t finding the traction you need to really seize control and get on top of things?

I just cannot be happy for more than few minutes without feeling pain and sadness. I need to hear from other people who have overcome pain.
I was stuck in a major depressive episode for several years, and it's still one of those these things I have to manage.

In those moments that you're happy? Notice them. They're a big deal. They're your brain telling you happiness is still possible. Which is huge. It's the reason to fight. So fight. You got this.

Depression is becoming one of those diseases that is increasingly treatable.

I found working with psychologists particularly helpful for my depression (not do much for my ptsd...which is one of the reasons for the awkward questions you copped above). They're problem-solvers, and skills-teachers. Practical stuff that helps me behave my way out of depressive episodes even when motivation is non-existent.

If you're working in a toxic workplace that has caused you ptsd? (Not sure if that's what you're saying?). Seperate issue. Is your T helping you find a new workplace to get away from the cause of your trauma?

Cool cool.

So just to clarify/ make sure I’m understanding correctly...

...there’s trauma history you don’t want to talk about (which is totally fine) and your pre-existing PTSD is kicking your ass in response to the nightmare job situation? And ‘elp ‘elp! I’m losing my mind! (Helluva lot of us have been there!)

...Or this is all brand new from your job, and you’ve been pointed towards PTSD and aren’t finding the traction you need to really seize control and get on top of things?
The first one. Have the history just trying to take the first step to getting better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back