Relationship Accidentally triggered my "girlfriend" PTSD. I'm a bit of shocked

Joenot1368

New Here
@EveHarrington he did not diagnose her, he said he suspects… in fact he specifically said he does not know if she has PTSD and she did not tell him she did.

People can give whatever advice they’d like and a lot of it is valid for any relationship… for example, respect boundaries and be patient.

He came here for advice because he was confused by an over the top reaction from somebody he suspects has PTSD. This part of the forum is dedicated to supporters seeking advice about what happens in relationships, including shutting out after fights.

Thank you sweetpea
@EveHarrington he did not diagnose her, he said he suspects… in fact he specifically said he does not know if she has PTSD and she did not tell him she did.

People can give whatever advice they’d like and a lot of it is valid for any relationship… for example, respect boundaries and be patient.

He came here for advice because he was confused by an over the top reaction from somebody he suspects has PTSD. This part of the forum is dedicated to supporters seeking advice about what happens in relationships, including shutting out after fights.

we are here pto support supporters

well said and thank you sweetpea76….this room is so very important to those who support and love those who clearly demonstrate symptoms of PTSD. We are here because we love them. We would protect them and care so much we found this wonderful forum so we can dip our toe in sensitive waters. We get honesty tough love and compassion but not unhealthy enabling, nor are we interested in bashing or vilifying. We may have been vilified though and that is devastating. We balance between being wary of unhealthy co-dependance/obsession and compassion.
I knew NOTHING about PTSD before my experience and I still am a novice but my compassion has grown. And this is knowing the single most significant and deep (and at one time safest) relationship of my life was destroyed my perhaps my or my partners mishandling of the remnants of prior abuse.
There needs to be leeway to speak subjectively from our eyes. Thank you and I really wish anyone that is here wellness and support

Rosebud

MyPTSD Pro
//was destroyed my perhaps my or my partners mishandling of the remnants of prior abuse.
There needs to be leeway to speak subjectively from our eyes. Thank you and I really wish anyone that is here wellness and support
That is a very nice thing to say, thank you.

Yes the repercussions of such stuff is very cyclical. It's hard on everyone to break the cycle.

But also, you can't know what you didn't know. And same maybe for her. At least in managing, dealing with denial/ minimizing.

I also wish everyone much luck, and healing.

O

oldexperiencedfool

I had no idea that secondary PTSD was a thing. In my attempts to love and help my girlfriend of4 years who was severly abused by her junkie dad and then by her fake christian narcissitic husband before we met. Her comfort is in being alone and entertaining her OCD needs. This makes me feel unappreciated and unwanted. she claims to love me and wants to do anything for me then then is weirdly triggered when I don't perfectly interpret her needs in the moment. She goes into a rage and accuses me of trying to blow it all up just when she was "getting better". I am at a loss here and heartbroken yet again.