• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Art therapy - share your work here

This is a somewhat better shot of my self portrait.
IMG_20200507_082437.jpg

No, collage is using things to represent other things or people. I have done a few collages with real photos, but for the most part I do them with parts of magazine photos.

I went to Walmart looking for stretched canvases, and they don't have any. I don't know if they ever had them, but I was very disappointed. They did have some other art supplies though.

This nice man is taking me to Michael's so I can be there in person to choose my art stuff. It is worth the wait until after the virus hopefully goes down and our governor allows it. Who knows, but I might end up in a relationship. He brought me lunch from the deli the other day, just out of the blue.

This nice man is taking me to Michael's so I can be there in person to choose my art stuff. It is worth the wait until after the virus hopefully goes down and our governor allows it. Who knows, but I might end up in a relationship. He brought me lunch from the deli the other day, just out of the blue.

So here's my 10 cents worth. Look and feel strong in his presence, act and feel intelligent and confident, and don't talk about your traumatic past. If the negative is what you start your relationship on......that's usually a red flag (IMHO). Keep the relationship even by buying his lunch next time and don't let him talk you out of it. Life is good now, focus on the positive, and friendship only. Don't let your mind and hormones get 20 steps ahead and give in to the lustful messages in your head-if there are any....If he's a fixer, looking for a fixee....he'll be looking for you to spill your past troubles and vulnerabilities or looking for you to tell your problems, so he can help and make you feel better....and that is not how you want the relationship to be.

If he's just a nice guy trying to make a friend....keeping everything positive, casual, slow, and balanced, and keep your private part of your life, private.....will likely land you a more solid relationship. Really, don't make him your therapist ever.....by discussing private stuff that you tell your T. I've done that before, and in the moment.....I felt like we "connected more" but trauma has a way of coming back into a conversation when the relationship is stressed and used in an ugly manner almost like a weapon. Sharing trauma stuff unbalances a relationship real quickly. Think....I'd like just a nice friend....and he could be fun....so take things slowly.....real slow and enjoy the newness and slowness of this relationship. Good Luck!

So here's my 10 cents worth. Look and feel strong in his presence, act and feel intelligent and confident, and don't talk about your traumatic past. If the negative is what you start your relationship on......that's usually a red flag (IMHO). Keep the relationship even by buying his lunch next time and don't let him talk you out of it. Life is good now, focus on the positive, and friendship only. Don't let your mind and hormones get 20 steps ahead and give in to the lustful messages in your head-if there are any....If he's a fixer, looking for a fixee....he'll be looking for you to spill your past troubles and vulnerabilities or looking for you to tell your problems, so he can help and make you feel better....and that is not how you want the relationship to be.

If he's just a nice guy trying to make a friend....keeping everything positive, casual, slow, and balanced, and keep your private part of your life, private.....will likely land you a more solid relationship. Really, don't make him your therapist ever.....by discussing private stuff that you tell your T. I've done that before, and in the moment.....I felt like we "connected more" but trauma has a way of coming back into a conversation when the relationship is stressed and used in an ugly manner almost like a weapon. Sharing trauma stuff unbalances a relationship real quickly. Think....I'd like just a nice friend....and he could be fun....so take things slowly.....real slow and enjoy the newness and slowness of this relationship. Good Luck!
He wants me to paint a painting for him, just between friends. We both love crows, so it will have crows in it. He knows some of my medical conditions, he was my home health physical therapist when I was recovering from neck surgery recently. Anyway, thanks for the advice, it's well taken.

Back