• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Atheist unite!!

Atheist meaning in the Cambridge Dictionary:
"not [URL='Link Removed...

Actually there is a religion that makes room for Atheists. It is Unitarianism. My dad was an Atheist and he belonged to that church. They don't require any particular belief system either. It is a very open minded church. They also publish a lot of books. Their publisher is Beacon Press in Boston, USA.

Actually there is a religion that makes room for Atheists.
No there is not.

As @Chiqui mentioned a few posts back; by definition, atheism is the lack of a belief in a god or gods.
(with the prefix 'a' meaning not, and theism referring to belief).
Atheism is not a religion, nor do we have one.
Or in the words of Penn Jillette, "Atheism is a religion like not collecting stamps is a hobby."

This is a thread for atheists. We respect theistic threads by not engaging with those particular threads. Please respect our thread by doing the same.

@bellbird
Not to put words in @SpiritSong's mouth, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Perhaps her father joined the Unitarian service not to worship a deity or faith, but to be part of a community of people.
Atheist's believe in people, many believe that people are generally good and kind.

I think a room full of Christians on Sunday, would be a pretty good place to find people in the correct mindset to be kind and good to one another. The mystery of how all those people got there isn't really important. Being there as a pillar of support and caring to your family and community doesn't require a belief in the supernatural. Just a willingness to put on a tie and spend time listening to someone drone on about a book full of interesting semi fiction.

Perhaps then, one could say that the Unitarians aren't necessarily making room for "Atheists". Rather they are making room for all people who wish to be part of the community present within it's congregation.

In such a case, both @bellbird and @SpiritSong would be correct, yes? :)

We don't need any religion which make "gracefully" room for us.
We don't need "any church". We are atheists. With ptsd.
We think for ourselves, we have chosen what to believe and what don't to, so...
We are not "lost sheeps" on need.
Please, respect :inlove:

@bellbird I'll be sure to watch that later today!
Ive been meaning to clean up or even just CLEAN the bathroom. But every damn bathroom is a trigger to me. Dont worry I keep myself clean well enough but I only shower when my husband is home, so he can keep an eye on me.
Ill just take the cats in the bathroom, put this video on and hopefully I have enough destraction to clean up.

I was quite into yoga for a while which I am not against and it is a great thing when approached the right way my experience of it was soured quite a bit though when the leaders of a style I was practicing ...these so called gurus were implicated in a sexual abuse scandal one being charged and imprisoned for sexual abuse at an ashram. It completely set of all my trust and authority figure issues and I felt terribly disappointed as you really end up exalting these people like demigods. Now I am practing feldenkrais which is a secular approach to mind body spirit exercise, and I personally will steer well clear of these groups which engage in guru worship.

@IamFree luckily yoga doesnt have to involve guru's
There s this Youtube playlist 30 days of yoga which im doing for exercise because exercizing in my home is currently my only option.
I actually like it, the physical strain en the mindfullness part.
I just get really annoyed with some frases because they seem to "floaty" to me.

Still, as exercise and relaxation, I really enjoy it.

Back