• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Betrayed by my sister

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Is this considered abuse if someone showed you a video of a girl wearing rollerblades falling off in a short skirt and would explain it to you? Is it?

Okay, so I’m going to present two scenarios to you and I want you to tell me which it is or if it was something else entirely and please explain what’s different so we can have a better idea of what you are seeing as abuse and can advise you better.

1. girls were rollerblading in the neighborhood, biffed it and fell while sister was recording. Sisters showing you (or everyone) and laughing about the kids’ antics.

2. Sister brings video to you snickering about how cute her daughters underwear is. And i don’t know, makes comments about her butt or genitalia?

Are there any other examples of possible abuse? I’m really struggling to see this particular circumstance as abusive and I’m very sensitive to things feeling like abuse when they most likely aren’t. But I feel like this is reaching. Can you tell me what exactly the comment was about private parts? Was it like a scolding to cover themselves up? Or more like a teasing oh I see your underwear?

I don't think a parent or any family member should visit their child in prison for this kind of offense.

Those bonds and love are complicated. You can hate the behavior without hating the person. You can learn to have compassion for the reasons things occurred. It doesn’t excuse them, but it’s complicated. I know of parents visiting someone who raped a family member of mine. They both talk to him and see him. They despise what he did. But he’s still their son. It’s complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back