• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Coffee

I have burr grinder and I use kicking horse whole beans which i grinder just before I want to make coffee. I also have a pour over and an aeropress. I usually use the aeropress. If you do it perfectly you can actually get a slight coffee taste. Coffee is engerizing but it's also relaxing for me. It puts my PTSD at bay.

have a pour over and an aeropress. I usually use the aeropress
I found it interesting learning bout these, some of the pour overs are beautiful designs. Both seemed a little tricky to get exactly right? Like as in there's a knack to learn yo getting them right. Is that how you found getting used to them too?

I found it interesting learning bout these, some of the pour overs are beautiful designs. Both seemed a little tricky to get exactly right? Like as in there's a knack to learn yo getting them right. Is that how you found getting used to them too?
Pour overs make great coffee but being one eyed and -hey look a squirrel - I usually spend as much time cleaning as making coffee.

I too have an Aeropress which I find very good. It took a bit to figure out to fill, pour water, stir, and put the plunger in quick to let it brew before pressing. It's more espresso like than french press. Plus environmentally speaking its great. You use a 2 1/2" filter and when you are done you have a "cake" of grounds you pop out into the compost. Cleaning is a snap too.

French press is what I use al the time though. I have a Stanley Classic Travel Press (16 oz) that is my fave. It's a french press in a 16 oz vacuum insulated container. Keeps coffee hot for a long time, its easy to clean and reload, it goes everywhere, and it makes coffee anywhere there is hot water.

Coffee definitely is a must threw out my days and nights. Lol. I normally just drink home brew black hot or cold coffee. When I really want to be fancy I bust out the jar and strainer and make cold brew. I have a not so special hand grinder that has a ceramic burr. Since I bought that whole bean has been my jam. I'm not a fan of "flavored" coffees but funny enough my fiancé loves them. So the good sport I am sometimes in life I keep my hate for them buried pretty deep down and just enjoy that she's enjoying it on those random days she makes it. I figure as long as there's caffeine in my cup and a smile on her face I'm not going to ruin it. Lol. If I could I'd drink medium roast Honduran all day every day. But I try not to spend a whole lot on my habits and coffee is no exception so i usually just pick up what ever plain whole beans that I can find on sale.

We just got back from travel for 17 days 14 of which at least No real coffee. We went “out west” and they don’t have our local franchise, dunkin doughnuts, which is rated swill by many but, compared to what they have west of Chicago, it’s ambrosia. I was shaking a little in the line the first morning east of the Great Lakes, there was one near the hotel.

The stuff out of the pump things on the road and in the hotels my wife dubbed “brown water”. Anyway I’m pumping my French press now and I’m one happy coffee addict . Made a detour to the chic coffee place for the light roast beans yesterday. Happiness is.

Do you like coffee? Drink it often? What kind(s) do you like?

And how do you buy it / make it?
Instant, ground, beans, or to go from a coffee shop etc

Which kind of coffee do you like? Or do you have no idea or preference?

Decaff or poky as poss?

There is a baffling array of coffees available to buy and I'm just getting into coffee a little having had years where I couldn't tolerate caffeine and being a dedicated tea drinker.

Have bough this coffee grinder and am gonna see what I think of fresh ground coffee.

Love to hear what you all like / dislike about different coffees 🙂
Same situation as you! Before, I didn’t understand at all how people can drink coffee and give such money for it. But one day I tried the best banana latte of my life, and I couldn't resist not drinking coffee anymore! I love espresso, but I rarely drink it, only when I haven't had enough sleep. I mostly drink latte or cappuccino with lactose-free milk (I'm allergic to regular milk) with a banana or strawberry flavor. In any case, I will still dive into the world of coffee and explore other ways to make it.

So maybe someone can help me. I have most certainly been living ... forgotten the phrase - but I've had almost no knowledge about coffee most of my life having been a dedicated tea drinker.

I'm into coffee now. Still have a problem with caffeine bit I'm really enjoying strong (prolly normal strength for others) fresh ground coffee, usually made in my cafetiere/ French Press because I can't usually be bothered to watch the mokapot.

I don't have anything else for making coffee, don't want any kind of pod machine, or any kind of machine that uses up counter space really. But am interested in finding out more about filter coffee.

We had a filter coffee machine when I was a kid and in various offices and pubs I've worked in.

But is there a way to have filter coffee without that kind of machine?

What are pour overs? And drippers? Are they filter coffee? Ta

Back