Confirmation Bias vs. Intuition

Skywatcher

MyPTSD Pro
is it feasible to see another pdoc that costs you less money? What are the problems with that?
It is something that I’m looking into. The good (recommended) ones around here don’t seem to be on the list. Mine listens to me, which is something that I need. I would also like one that would consider hormones and nutrient deficiencies, but I don’t know how to find one of those. Btw... I’m wondering if this depression will taper off soon. I just realized (in the form of a massive panic attack) that I’m on the first anniversary of my daughter’s suicide attempt. :-/. She’s doing really well right now, but somehow I am not.

Survivor3

MyPTSD Pro
It is something that I’m looking into. The good (recommended) ones around here don’t seem to be on the list. Mine listens to me, which is something that I need. I would also like one that would consider hormones and nutrient deficiencies, but I don’t know how to find one of those. Btw... I’m wondering if this depression will taper off soon. I just realized (in the form of a massive panic attack) that I’m on the first anniversary of my daughter’s suicide attempt. :-/. She’s doing really well right now, but somehow I am not.
glad your daughter is doing well. I have also attempted suicide before. It was horrendous. These memories are painful. Hope it passes soon. 💚🙏

Rosebud

MyPTSD Pro
I suppose as to the question, you can read it right, maybe even draw accurate conclusions, but still not know all of the context, back story +/or inward thoughts/ triggers.

Hope also it passes soon. 🤗

PreciousChild

MyPTSD Pro
Sorry to hear about your daughter. I'm glad she's doing well. I wanted to say that I do believe cptsd can make a person hyper aware of another person's mood and picking up when someone seems off. But I also think there's an interpretive element that is distorted by trauma - a person might be having a bad day for all sorts of reasons. I have typically attributed the other person's reaction to something I did. As I heal, I'm less prone to ascribing blame to myself and also being less reactive to shifts in other people's moods.

The therapist is a unique person in anyone's world, and we'll have especially heightened feelings about them. When I first started seeing a therapist, it was so crazy how much I projected in retrospect. I've spent many years distrusting a few T's, and insisted that they only saw me for the $$. But as I've healed, I've been able to see my T as a multidimensional, independent human being.