• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Other Covid ‘long haulers’ support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. I have IBS so there are a few things that irritate that.

Have also had some gastric symptoms of Covid, plus now a big dose of antibiotics, so my stomach is a bit delicate right now!

I’m consuming a lot of sugar at the moment, which I know isn’t good at all. That in itself is probably potentially causing more inflammation! But a) I have a really sweet tooth at the best of times b) I think I’m currently emotional eating c) I’m not really fancying anything else at the moment!

My sense of taste is off at the moment. Things taste salty.

I got COVID April 10th and had the first symptoms: headache, extreme diarrhea, slight fever, cough, tiredness that wouldn’t stop. Over the past months I’ve been on a cycle so it comes and goes but it doesn’t seem to end permanently- it comes and goes and then comes back again!!

My sense of taste is off at the moment. Things taste salty.
I’ve noticed that when I eat “fast food” if it is not “freshly prepared” the food tastes salty. I’ve come to believe that fast food is loaded with salt which is camouflaged by the heat.

Sorry to hear you are also in the cycle of feeling better then not @Widow_of_one – it's frustrating, isn't it?

Yes, fast food – and lots of processed foods in general – are often pretty salt-laden.

Wishing you all the best with your Covid recovery.

So sorry to hear you have also been unwell with the virus @Scarlet13 – I hope you are now on the up!

The waxing and waning does seem to be quite common.

I've had that weird sleep state too – hard to get to sleep and then feeling like you're sleeping quite lightly....but also having very vivid, intense dreams. It's quite a strange experience.

Thanks for sharing your list of things that you've been doing that have helped. I'm in the UK so I'm not sure what some of the things are! But I'm going to be sure to research them further. Particularly interested in the clay!

Wishing you well with your continued recovery!
Hi,

The clay is really cheap and easy to find at least here. So, hopefully you can get it!
Look into immunoglobulins (present in collustrum and other products that heal the gut). These will bind and pull out toxins.
Also, sweating helped.

I had it from March 6 to April 11 was when I said “you know what I think I’m just about back to normal.” It was very difficult because I live on a farm and I am basically the one running the show on the ground. Somebody else handles the business end of things.

My first symptom was a scratchy, watery and deep cough. Nothing really came up. It kind of hurt a little. I brushed it off as allergies and I must have accidentally put a little bit of water down the wrong tube.
A couple of hours later, I felt some congestion come on and the latest cought had a feeling of spreading warmth throughout my chest. I immediately knew I had caught some thing and was sick.

I quickly left the house and isolated from that day on. We have enough motorhomes on the property I just commandeered one of them and lived in it for about six weeks plus some extra time that they wanted me to take to ensure quarantine. I had been in contact with health authorities at that point who were very helpful and reassuring. I thankfully did not spread it to the loved ones who could have easily caught it just in the few earlier hours I was symptomatic.

for the most part, it seem to resemble a chest cold although, I was shivering uncontrollably under my nice warm blankets. That went on for two more nights. My appetite from then on was not obliterated but I felt little need to eat. I did not lose my scent or taste but it was compromised. Rightly so, the congestion got so bad by the end of the week, I ended up going to an urgent care. I had intense pain throughout my sinuses and ears. Moderate pain, muscle and joint everywhere else. I had a fever but it was nothing to write home about.

I ended up on Levaquin and Ciprodex. I was apprehensive but gave in and was grateful. Those are not anabiotic’s you want to be on. I am pretty sure I ended up with transient pain for months after taking them and also I had to be very careful because my tendons on my shoulder and ankles felt very loose and I was worried they would tear or cramp then tear. My ankles rolled effortlessly a few times which really kind of scared me. I took the regimen and got it over with.

meanwhile, I would love to believe so, but horses chickens and dogs really don’t give a crap whether you’re sick or not and they are hungry. So I did what I had to do. I fed and I cleaned up after them regularly.

I slept most of the day waking up in a sweat all the time but strangely did not really perceive my own feverish self. People from a distance would point out to me that I was pale and sweating like a pig. I limited my work time to about an hour or two per go and would need to do that to ensure basic chores were completed.

I feel this actually benefited me because it prevented me from just laying in bed all day. After the first few days however, my cough definitely changed. It went from a slightly hurtful dry but watery feeling cough that produced nothing, to a very very productive cough that did not hurt but was uncomfortable all the time as I felt inundated with fluid. I frequently used breathing exercises meant for people with COPD in the lIke to force it out of my lower lungs so I could cough it out. I try to be as gentle with myself as I could but I ended up giving myself laryngitis anyway. Unbeknownst to me my stomach was filled with acid and it scalded my larynx pretty good.

I put myself on formatadine and Prevacid to quell the acid.

working was hard and I felt like I kept seeing things out of the corner of my eye and occasionally heard something off in the distance that probably wasn’t real. I worked until I could tell my body was telling me stop and lay down and rest. I was only good for up to a couple hours at a time and in the beginning barely an hour. But this did something for me in the way that I felt it was easier to do the breathing exercises and get the stuff out.

I would feel worse in that way just laying in bed too much but what choice do you have when you are exhausted? Overall, it was probably a huge amount of fluid, clearish but sticky I had to deal with regularly. My breathing was compromised but not so much I felt the need to go to the hospital, considering.

fever and sweating hit me in waves throughout each day. I was so out of it I honestly did not recognize the fever and didn’t realize I had one until health authorities wanted me to check my temperature with a thermometer regularly. Chills with sometimes hit me out of nowhere and I remember it well because I’ve had chills before but these ones had me shaking a lot. It would pass though. Even though persistent low grade fevers would endure the duration, spiking at least twice a day during specific times.

The ear infections went away and sinuses slowly got better. The cough and the breathing really didn’t and I didn’t feel I had really turned a corner until about April 2 or so. Five weeks or something later. Many of the symptoms seemed to wax and wane.

The whole experience seriously disrupted my energy levels. I think for the most part by now, it’s like it never happened. But it has taken me that long to regain my energy.

@Gamereign555 Thanks for sharing your experience. Wow, you've really been through it. Must have been so hard not being able to properly rest up but, as you say, the animals can't take care of themselves! I'm so glad that you have now recovered.

Oh, thank you @Teasel I'm not too bad at the moment, thanks. Main thing is fatigue, which is a big struggle. Still having some respiratory stuff and major brain fog. But the pain and feeling very unwell has passed, thankfully....hopefully not to return again! Thirteen weeks now and still some way off being 100% Sigh...
How are you??

I'm really glad you are at least somewhat better :) Can relate to the fatigue and occasional bad chest and brain fog though not to any great extent.

Sounds like it's bothering you quite a bit, am sorry to hear. Hope you feel better v soon.

Had a rash for a few days and I'd read that could be a covid symptom and I thought no please not another round of this, but it cleared up after a day or too. And no increase in any covid symptoms (phew)

And as it happens I was given a covid swab Friday, before having a minor procedure and the swab came back negative.

Pleased. Would have liked to know if I had antibodies but they didn't test for that.

I had it from March 6 to April 11 was when I said “you know what I think I’m just about back to normal.” It was very difficult because I live on a farm and I am basically the one running the show on the ground. Somebody else handles the business end of things.

My first symptom was a scratchy, watery and deep cough. Nothing really came up. It kind of hurt a little. I brushed it off as allergies and I must have accidentally put a little bit of water down the wrong tube.
A couple of hours later, I felt some congestion come on and the latest cought had a feeling of spreading warmth throughout my chest. I immediately knew I had caught some thing and was sick.

I quickly left the house and isolated from that day on. We have enough motorhomes on the property I just commandeered one of them and lived in it for about six weeks plus some extra time that they wanted me to take to ensure quarantine. I had been in contact with health authorities at that point who were very helpful and reassuring. I thankfully did not spread it to the loved ones who could have easily caught it just in the few earlier hours I was symptomatic.

for the most part, it seem to resemble a chest cold although, I was shivering uncontrollably under my nice warm blankets. That went on for two more nights. My appetite from then on was not obliterated but I felt little need to eat. I did not lose my scent or taste but it was compromised. Rightly so, the congestion got so bad by the end of the week, I ended up going to an urgent care. I had intense pain throughout my sinuses and ears. Moderate pain, muscle and joint everywhere else. I had a fever but it was nothing to write home about.

I ended up on Levaquin and Ciprodex. I was apprehensive but gave in and was grateful. Those are not anabiotic’s you want to be on. I am pretty sure I ended up with transient pain for months after taking them and also I had to be very careful because my tendons on my shoulder and ankles felt very loose and I was worried they would tear or cramp then tear. My ankles rolled effortlessly a few times which really kind of scared me. I took the regimen and got it over with.

meanwhile, I would love to believe so, but horses chickens and dogs really don’t give a crap whether you’re sick or not and they are hungry. So I did what I had to do. I fed and I cleaned up after them regularly.

I slept most of the day waking up in a sweat all the time but strangely did not really perceive my own feverish self. People from a distance would point out to me that I was pale and sweating like a pig. I limited my work time to about an hour or two per go and would need to do that to ensure basic chores were completed.

I feel this actually benefited me because it prevented me from just laying in bed all day. After the first few days however, my cough definitely changed. It went from a slightly hurtful dry but watery feeling cough that produced nothing, to a very very productive cough that did not hurt but was uncomfortable all the time as I felt inundated with fluid. I frequently used breathing exercises meant for people with COPD in the lIke to force it out of my lower lungs so I could cough it out. I try to be as gentle with myself as I could but I ended up giving myself laryngitis anyway. Unbeknownst to me my stomach was filled with acid and it scalded my larynx pretty good.

I put myself on formatadine and Prevacid to quell the acid.

working was hard and I felt like I kept seeing things out of the corner of my eye and occasionally heard something off in the distance that probably wasn’t real. I worked until I could tell my body was telling me stop and lay down and rest. I was only good for up to a couple hours at a time and in the beginning barely an hour. But this did something for me in the way that I felt it was easier to do the breathing exercises and get the stuff out.

I would feel worse in that way just laying in bed too much but what choice do you have when you are exhausted? Overall, it was probably a huge amount of fluid, clearish but sticky I had to deal with regularly. My breathing was compromised but not so much I felt the need to go to the hospital, considering.

fever and sweating hit me in waves throughout each day. I was so out of it I honestly did not recognize the fever and didn’t realize I had one until health authorities wanted me to check my temperature with a thermometer regularly. Chills with sometimes hit me out of nowhere and I remember it well because I’ve had chills before but these ones had me shaking a lot. It would pass though. Even though persistent low grade fevers would endure the duration, spiking at least twice a day during specific times.

The ear infections went away and sinuses slowly got better. The cough and the breathing really didn’t and I didn’t feel I had really turned a corner until about April 2 or so. Five weeks or something later. Many of the symptoms seemed to wax and wane.

The whole experience seriously disrupted my energy levels. I think for the most part by now, it’s like it never happened. But it has taken me that long to regain my energy.
Wow you are a poet you made reading about covid like reading a novel!!! The one thing that I tally agree with you about is the cough!! Endless hours of coughing w/o anything coming up!

Wow you are a poet you made reading about covid like reading a novel!!! The one thing that I tally agree with you about is the cough!! Endless hours of coughing w/o anything coming up!
Yes I guess I was one of the other ones that had a bunch of stuff coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back