Curiosity & Complacency

Is this a problem you have after treatment? I fixate on things to a neurotic level and hypervigilance and anxiety keeps me on edge way more than I like.

Is this a problem you have after treatment? I fixate on things to a neurotic level and hypervigilance and anxiety keeps me on edge way more than I like.

I dunno that it’s an after treatment problem. I’m just in a place where I really want to live life this year instead of letting it just pass me by like usual. Part of that is avoiding becoming complacent and bored and finding ways to nurture curiosity.

I dunno that it’s an after treatment problem. I’m just in a place where I really want to live life this year instead of letting it just pass me by like usual. Part of that is avoiding becoming complacent and bored and finding ways to nurture curiosity.
Is fishing a thing that would interest you? Seems it would kill both birds with the same stone. Nature is full of wonder if you are willing to look and you will have to remain in the moment if you want to catch fish. I havent fished since i was a kid but i remember that i used to enjoy it. There are endless possibilities for you to explore and trails to be hiked.

I stay curious by travelling related stuff mostly. I go abroad whenever I can. N I'm currently trying to relearn a different language.

I also am always trying to understand my work stuff better but I'm not sure that fully applies cos it's probably more than most of my colleagues aim for but is obviously also work related.

Is fishing a thing that would interest you? Seems it would kill both birds with the same stone. Nature is full of wonder if you are willing to look and you will have to remain in the moment if you want to catch fish. I havent fished since i was a kid but i remember that i used to enjoy it. There are endless possibilities for you to explore and trails to be hiked.

Those are some good suggestions, though fishing and hunting are definitely not for me lol. Thank you for the suggestions though.

To be clear, I’m not sure that it’s really hobbies that I’m looking for. In some of the witchy YouTube videos and just lifestyle ones in general focused on slowing down and savoring life, they talk about maintaining curiosity and I’m not really sure what that looks like.

I hang out with my young grandkids - they are curious about absolutely everything and drag me along through their questions and imaginations to find the answers.

I also read, read, read. And then I read some more. Always nonfiction. My mantra is "some women want diamonds, I want books." There is so much to learn about everything!

Back